Sharper Vision For Local Ambitions
- HDTV: I'LL PAY ANYTHING? Swain, Phillip // Television Week;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p16
Discusses high-definition television (HDTV) service in the U.S. Plan of satellite television service providers DirecTV and EchoStar to launch a package of HDTV channels; Cost of the HDTV package; Implication of HDTV subscription for cable and satellite television operators.
- DirecTV Pushing HD Options. Hibberd, James // Television Week;8/29/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the move of satellite provider DirecTV to attract high definition (HD) subscribers by implementing an array of technology and programming options. Competitiveness gap between DirecTV and cable operators; Decline in prices of DirecTV's premium HD receiver; Cities where the company...
- Winning Game Plan. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;8/24/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p22
The article focuses on the success of DirectTV Inc. as one of the leading satellite-television provider in the U.S. It relates to the services and high definition technology offered by the network that made its brand on top against its competitors. DirecTV chief sales and marketing officer Paul...
- HDTV is the horse to bet on in the race for better ARPU. Dodge, Tim // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p34
Discusses the significance of high-definition television (HDTV) to the cable industry in the U.S. Influence of HDTV on the average revenue per user; Elements of HDTV that offer financial benefits for multi-system operators; Trends in the use of direct broadcasting by satellite in the industry.
- TV Analysts Downplay Broadband. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on television analysts' disapproval of the prediction of technologists that cable and satellite television will be replaced by online video in delivering television content in the U.S. According to James Penhune, director of Strategy Analytics, broadband is not a substitute...
- Local HDTV Broadcasters. // Sound & Vision;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p88
Presents the location of several local high definition television broadcasters in the U.S. WVTA 24 of PBS; WCYB 28 of NBC; KALB 35 of NBC.
- Further To Fly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p65
Offers a look at the market performance of direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) provider DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. as the first of quarter of 2005. Factors that affect the business performance of the company; Outlook on the company for 2005; Perception of Chase Carey, CEO and president of the...
- Satellite rivals appeal to Congress. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/25/99, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p30
Reports on DirecTV and EchoStar's efforts to influence satellite home viewer legislation that would permit local television stations via satellite under terms `competitive' to those offered by cable operators. Five key points that the companies intend to include in the legislation; Companies'...
- DBS firms join forces to market home-satellite TV. // Marketing News;11/9/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p22
The article reports on the direct broadcast satellite industry as of November 9, 1984. Major players in the industry have decided to join efforts in marketing the new pay television technology to U.S. consumers. The purpose of the partnership is to pull enough financing to market the new service...