THE TELECOM DOWNTURN
- Upfront 2010: Quick, Easy, Over. McClellan, Steve; Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;6/28/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 26, p7
The article discusses the outlook for the so-called upfront advertising market in cable television for the 2010-2011 season. Estimates from media buyers concerning money drawn from scatter reserves and statistics for advertising spending on prime time television programs in the United States are...
- Cable TV. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on cable television advertising in the U.S. While it may be hyperbolic to label 2005 as a bad year as far as the cable advertising marketplace is concerned, it is not a stretch to suggest that most network advertising sales executives are not going to look back on last year...
- Coming On Strong. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;9/26/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 37, pSR8
The article presents a discussion on cable television advertising in the United States. To say that the 2005 cable up-front season was a bit of a disappointment is an understatement that is almost wholly unknown within the confines of the television business. Financial analysts remain bullish on...
- Cable Scatter Is Hard To Deduce. Bergantini-Grillo, Jean // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the expected increase in cable network spot spending in the U.S. in the third and fourth quarters of 2003. Percentage of increase in spot spending; Remarks from MediaVest director Gibbs Haljun on the issue.
- Cable nets add ad coin. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/25/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 60, p5
Reports that the cable networks' share of all national TV advertising revenues in the United States, increased almost 3% to 28.3% in the 1998-1999 TV season from the prior year, according to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau. Decline in the shares of broadcast networks and syndication;...
- Is anybody paying attention? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 33, p38
Reports on the television advertising recall study conducted by Nielsen Media Research for the United States-based Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) as of August 7, 2000. Effectiveness of broadcast and cable television advertising; Factors affecting television advertising's recall numbers.
- Best spots. // Adweek New England Edition;03/15/99, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p34
Presents a selection of the best advertisements breaking on broadcast and cable television in the United States during the month of February 1999. Includes the Admirals Hockey's `Penalty Box'; Birds Eye Chicken Voila!'s `Prepared'; CDNow's `Road Trip'.
- CAB report touts value of cable ads. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p16
Focuses on the results of a Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau study on the value of cable television advertisements in the United States. Percentage of cable television viewers questioned that watch the commercials at the network break; Verified viewer recall of the advertisements.
- Top cable network advertisers. // Electronic Media;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p10
Presents a chart related to the top 20 cable television advertisers in the United States as of December 1999.