Stevens Ready To Re-Examine Retrans Consent
- News bytes. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul2001, Issue 319, p7
Reports developments related to broadcasting industry as of July 2001. Acquisition of Static entertainment company by OPENTV; Purchase of Calrec Audio's 60 channel T-Series by MTV Europe; Orders of three Solid State Logic digital console by China Central Television.
- Austria sets b'cast overseer. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;03/02/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 62, p8
Reports the creation of a national communications regulatory board in Austria. Objective of the board; Effects of the legislation on ORF channels; Impact of the laws on ATV.
- Pushing the raunch envelope. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Criticism on Comedy Central and MTV for television program indecency; Telecast of television program 'Season on the Brink' in ESPN television station; Success of the HBO program 'The Shield'.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p28
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the broadcasting and cable industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2001. Teamup between WE:Women's Entertainment network and 'Vogue' magazine to create a special on upcoming fall fashions; Agreement of TechTV and 'BusinessWeek' magazine to share...
- Nets ride ad uptick. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;6/10/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that television advertisers have obtained more income in 2010 to primetime broadcast shows as the broadcast networks covered selling for the 2011-2012 upfront season, wherein CBS Television Network headed the upfront season with booking sales amounting to 100 million dollars...
- Lawmakers Fume at Cablers. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the anti-consumer practice of cable television operators which denies competitors access to regional sports networks in the U.S. according to U.S. Senate Commerce Committee members. U.S. Senators Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) oppose to the practice of...
- Indecent Programming. // CableFAX Daily;11/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 229, p1
The article reports on the plan of C-SPAN2 cable television network to cover the indecency hearings of U.S. Senator Ted Steven (R-Ak). Television host Susan Swain has interviewed Stevens about various issues including indecency, telecommunication reform and digital transition.
- Globo circles TV market. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;11/23/98, Vol. 373 Issue 2, p47
Presents information on Globo, a television company in Brazil that has acquired most of shares of television viewers in Brazil. United States television companies that has withdrawn their plan to invest in Brazil; Factors that postponed the move of the government for offering licenses for...
- Czech TV3 ordered off the air. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;12/5/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 3, p53
Reports the suspension of broadcasting operations of Czech TV3 in Prague, Czech Republic.