Kent: Curb Stations' Demands
- Congloms Fire Up Channel Launchpad as Climate Improves. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;9/10/2013, Vol. 321 Issue 10, p24
The author offers opinions on the broadcasting industry. A trend is said to exist in 2013 in which broadcasting companies have created a relatively high number of new cable television networks and specialty channels. This is said to indicate that despite the growth of Internet television, cable...
- Upfront Heads-Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p22
Presents forecasts from several media analysts related to the performance of broadcasting and cable television networks in the United States. Expected increase in the advertising of the broadcasters; Cable networks likely to be benefited from the growth of the media market; Cable networks...
- Giddyup! CMT Is Growing Fast. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p28
Focuses on the growth of the cable television network Country Music Television (CMT) in the United States. Comments of Kay Zusmann, vice president of programming at CMT on the performance of the network compared to cable television network MTV; Development plans of CMT; Information related to...
- Why Spike Perplexes Me. Bednarski, P.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p41
Comments on issues related to the launch of the cable television network Spike TV renamed from cable television network TNN. Issues related to the relation between name of the channel and mens; Information related to various programs to be telecasted on Spike TV; Development plans of the...
- TOONING UP. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p11A
Presents information related to several programs to be telecasted by the cable television network Disney Channel in 2003. Information related to the growth of the network in the United States.
- Freeing Up Free TV. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on the division between the broadcasting and cable industries in the U.S. as of January 26, 2004. Scenarios which illustrate the industrial division; Significance of the annual meeting of the National Association of Television Program Executives at Las Vegas, Nevada.
- `Localism' in Chinese media context: An examination of a closed circuit community cable system. Yu, Xuejian; Sears, Anne // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Spring96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p208
Describes the structure and program content of Jianglu's closed circuit community cable system in China. Transformation of Chinese mass communication; Localism in the context of Chinese media; Significance of closed circuit community cable systems.
- AXN takes on the world. Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the success of AXN cable television channel. Operation of the channel in Asia; Information on the programming of the channel; Marketing efforts of the channel; Plan of the channel to enter the U.S. market.
- Advertising proves to be the big issue for connected TVs. Levy, Katherine // Campaign (UK);6/1/2012, Issue 22, p18
The article discusses the current row between the U.S. cable networks CBS, Fox and NBC and the largest U.S. satellite broadcaster, DISH, over a newly installed DVR feature.