Sending Execs to 'Camp'
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- ESPN takes a swing at Spanish telecasts. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the ESPN broadcast of a series of Spanish-language baseball simulcasts on cable. Signing of advertisers interested in reaching the growing Hispanic market to sponsor the cablecasts; Spanish-language simulcast of all of ESPN Sunday night baseball telecasts; Comments of Ed Erhardt,...
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p2
Presents updates on cable television programming deals in the U.S. Contract of the Big 10 with ESPN to set up a sports network with DirecTV; Agreement of World Championship Sports Network for the coverage of the 2006 FISA Rowing World Cup.
- ESPN, HBO lead Sports Emmys. // Variety;4/29/96, Vol. 362 Issue 13, p40
Reports on Cable TV's dominance of the Sports Emmy Awards in 1996. Number of awards won by ESPN and HBO; Who won among the networks; What the awards won by ESPN and HBO were for.
- ESPNNEWS, CNN/SI to square off. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/96, Vol. 126 Issue 26, p57
Focuses on ESPN cable television network's plans to launch the ESPNNEWS sports network. Possible competition with the CNN/SI network venture of Turner Broadcasting and `Sports Illustrated' magazine; Concerns on the entry of additional sports network on cable television.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.