E! and We Bolster Their Series Rosters
- Trouble in 'Taradise' Lasswell, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 38, p6
Refutes the exaggerated reports of the demise of E! Entertainment Television's TV program "Taradise" in the U.S. Ratings from the number of viewers who watched the program; Statement from E! Networks president Ted Harbet about the program; Topics discussed in the planned episodes.
- Emmys Let E! Share Star Power. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p7
Deals with the cable affiliations offered by E! Entertainment Television for its "Live from the Red Carpet," television special preceding the September 21, 2003 Emmy Awards. Information on E!'s cross-channel incentive campaign; Advertisers participating in the show; List of national advertisers...
- Liberty adds new channels. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;4/8/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p50
Reports that Liberty is adding channels to its roster of cable television stations, including Starz! Kids and ESPN Sports. Starz's inventory of theatrical movies from major studios and independent suppliers; Features of ESPN Sports; Transformation of Discovery Home & Leisure Channel into...
- FTV. Kinsley, Michael // New Republic;7/4/94, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p42
Presents an article about the U.S. cable network called the Funeral Channel which was launched on July 4, 1994. Idea behind the launching of the network; Emphasis of the network on the restoration of the glamour to being on television; Account of the author's exposure on the television show...
- MTV Touts Specials, Rebrands College Net. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the spring and summer 2004 programming and promotional initiatives of MTV and its move to rebrand College Television Network as mtvU. Details of the television programs to be shown at MTV; Programs to be featured at mtvU as part of its rebranding efforts; Information on the...
- Disney Film 'Cooks' Up Primetime Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p23
Focuses on the primetime household ratings of cable television network and its programs in the U.S. Attainment of top position by Disney Channel; Rating of Lifetime Television; Position of TBS Super station.
- Passing '50,' Oxygen Seeks Signature. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the 50 million subscribers achieved by cable channel Oxygen. Plans of the company following its achievement; Competition faced for female viewers; Television shows in the channel; Household ratings from 2002 to 2003.
- Alexander spesh leads march of History slate. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/23/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 62, p5
The cable television network History Channel knows something about the history of mass-market tie-ins, scheduling its elaborate three-hour documentary "The True Story of Alexander" to coincide with the release of Oliver Stone's big-budget Warner Bros. theatrical "Alexander" in early November...
- CABLE HITS THE WALL. Adaliah, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;7/9/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses how cable television networks are increasing their efforts to distinguish themselves more to television viewers. The article asserts that because there are so many cable television networks to choose from, it makes it harder for television viewers to know which one is...