L.A. Gets Tough on Service
- Albuquerque stations tangle. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
Reports the conflict between CBS cable television network and UPN affiliates in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Reaction of KRQE cable channel general manager over the airing of CBS news feeds by KASY-TV, a UPN affiliate; Allegations on the violation of broadcast agreements by KASY; Threats of...
- THE INSIDER. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
Presents news briefs related to broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of January 13, 2003. Strategy adopted to advertise the series 'NewsNight' on CNN International; Distribution of pizza on the screening of Fox Broadcasting's series 'Oliver Beene'; Political coverage by the news channel in the...
- Even Open-Access Tests Are Complex. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the challenges of open access in the United States cable television industry. Creation of service-agent software for customers; Development of a back-office support for ticketing and provisioning; Creation of a network for multiple Internet service providers traffic.
- The insider. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
Presents news in the broadcasting industry in the United States as of March 2000. Includes proposed use of voluntary labeling standards by equipment manufacturers; Efforts of the industry to require cable operators to use digital and analog television signals; Involvement of Howard Stern in the...
- Let the Upfront Buying Begin. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the business trends prevalent in the broadcast and cable television markets in the United States as of May 19, 2003. Expectation related to finalization of various deals in the broadcast industry; Estimation of the percentage of investment in the broadcast markets; Overview of the...
- New name, but still must-carry. B.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 40, p14
Reports on the efforts of broadcasters to revive debate on dual cable carriage in the U.S. Benefits of multicast obligations for customers; Arguments of broadcasters about niche programming; Emphasis on developing high-definition content.
- Cutting edge. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;3/6/95, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p62
Focuses on developments concerning broadcasting and cable companies. Includes Group W Network Services' alliance with Singapore-based Yarra Films Pte Ltd.; Grass Valley's teamup with Data Translation to produce a desktop video system; Telesat Canada's use of Scientific-Atlanta equipment to...
- Broadband lobby seeks broadcasters. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on key broadcasters' response to the recruitment overtures from the openNet Coalition, a group lobbying for equal access to cable's broadband networks in the United States. Impact of cable industry's control over broadband networks on the ability of broadcasters to reach cable...
- Family resemblance. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p70
Editorial. Comments on the developments in the broadcasting industry in the United States. Parallelism between the broadcast television and cable; Issues on television show syndication; Resemblance of the trend in broadcast television and cable.