Study: gays High on Bravo, A&E
- Cable basks in originals' success. Dempsey, John; Learmonth, Michael // Variety;12/25/2006, Vol. 405 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the success of a number of television programs offered on U.S. cable television networks in 2006. Among the shows that did well during that year were "Monk," "The Flavor of Love" and "The Closer." The performance of a number of programs in the ratings and in demographic...
- When I'm 64. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;3/17/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
The article discusses television aimed at older people. While most network programmers seem to believe that senior citizens want to see murders being solved, this is not always the case. The author suggests that television programmers are missing out on a huge demographic by ignoring the...
- GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92
The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.
- "TV: The Global Wasteland.". // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1977, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p96
This article discusses then article "TV: The Global Wasteland," an Atlas Report which was published in the July 1977 issue of the "Atlas World Press Review." In France, family dependence on television (TV) had reached such proportions that one has the impression that a broken TV is more serious...
- Ratings. // Electronic Media;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p33
Presents the ratings of several television programs in United States. Demographic ratings for prime-time from November 10-16, 1997 and for syndication from November 3-9, 1997; Night-by-night Nielsen prime-time household ratings for the week of November 10-16, 1997; Adults 18-29 prime-time race;...
- FICTION TV RESURGES. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;4/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p12
Cites market research findings in 2005 indicating that while fiction programming is on the rise around the globe, demand for feature films is waning. Analysis of global television viewing habits and trends; Top television shows in the two categories; Implications on the syndication of television...
- November TX guide. // Televisual;Nov2004, p86
Presents a guide of television programs for the month of November 2004 in Great Britain.
- Small Comforts. Carson, Tom // Esquire;Feb2002, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p48
Offers observations on some television programs in the U.S. during the fall 2001 season. View on definition of comfort viewing; One of most appealing qualities of 'Undeclared'; Commentary on 'Smallville.'
- IN BRIEF. // Televisual;Apr2003, p7
Presents news briefs relating to television in Great Britain as of April 2003. Inclusion of Exposure Films' signing of the directing duo Jake and Jim from Godman; Announcement of Skillset's 2003 Runners Careers Information Day; Skunk's signing of Swedish directors to its books.