Nielsen Proceeds With LPMs in D.C
- Americans Watch 5 Hours of TV Per Day. Pugatch, Courtney Beth // Response;Jun2007, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p10
The article presents the result of the study conducted by Nielsen Media Research Inc. concerning the hours consumed by the Americans in watching television. According to the study, the average individual in the country watches four hours and 55 minutes of television per day. The study found that...
- Network study tracks out-of-home viewing. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p40
The article reports on the research initiative launched by the top television networks in the United States in collaboration with Nielsen Media Research Inc. to record out-of-home television viewing which includes viewership in bars, restaurants, on college campuses and in the workplace....
- Can Nielsen still reign supreme in an ever-changing media market? Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;4/7/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 14, p3
The article focuses on potential problems that the television rating service Nielsen Media Research may face as a result of an increase in the number of U.S. consumers who are watching videos in places other than on their television. A discussion of the negative impact an increase in upstart...
- Networks: Young Male Dip Seems Real. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the decline of young male television viewers in the U.S., according to an analysis made by Nielsen Media Research in 2003. Account of a similar analysis made by Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau; Reaction of broadcasting companies to the results; Factor that contributed to the decline.
- THE PRIME TIME RACE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 51, p10
Presents the audience share of broadcast networks and cable television shows in the U.S. for the week of December 8-14, 2003 based on the data of Nielsen Media Research Inc.
- IS ANYBODY WATCHING? Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;1/24/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p3
This article focuses on television ratings. Anchor Diann Burns is down, and tens of thousands of Chicago TV viewers have vanished, if they were ever there in the first place. The agent of this upheaval in local television ratings is the "people meter," an electronic monitoring device that New...
- Younger Males Drift Back to TV. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p3
Reports the increase in the number of young men television viewers, according to data from Nielsen Media Research Inc. in November 2003. Age bracket of men that fall under the category; Increase in people using television according to the data; Factors that contributed to the increase.
- Is KOLD 13 about to starting dominating news ratings? Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;7/3/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the survey of the 10 P.M. weekday newscasts on the television station Kold 13 by Nielsen Media Research Inc. in Tucson, Arizona. The Kold 13 dominated the latest local ratings from April 27-May 24, 2006 as it beats its competition in the number of households watching. The...
- THE DEMOS. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p15
Provides information on the demographics of TV viewers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as of March 2003. Percentage of college graduates in the area; Interest of adults on various sports programs.