- Passage Promises Big Savings. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Reports the opening of Passage cable television technology to the conditional access systems of second vendors. Savings from the technology; Significance of open standards; Negotiations with Sony, developer of the technology.
- Ad negatives to Sky Plus launch. Smith, Stuart // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
Comments on the launch of new cable television networks and Sky Plus upgrade, Sky Plus160. Strategic management of ITV3 and ABC1; Advantages of Sky Plus160; Features of PVR.
- STUDY: CABLE THEFT DROPS. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;4/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p18
Cites key research findings in the U.S. in 2005 indicating a decline in signal theft from cable companies.
- ORG PULLS FIVE PIRATE CABLE CHANNELS. Mathur, Arti // Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the decision of Pakistan to ban five cable television channels because they are not registered with the government-backed Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority, as of June 2004. Cable channels banned by the government; Efforts of the regulatory body to monitor cable operators.
- Getting Viewers Into VOD's Tent. Kan, Amy // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p55
The article reports on the marketing of video on demand (VOD). The author mentions that barker channels are used to advertise VOD and discusses a study of how VOD users respond to them. It found that viewers responded more positively immediately after watching barkers channel and cited too many...
- Cable Network Directory. // Response;Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Presents a cable network directory in the U.S. ABC Family Channel; Access Television Network; American Movie Classics; Auction TV; The Beauty & Fashion Channel; B Mania Television Network; Cartoon Network; Catalog TV; Chronicle DTV; CLTV; CNN; CNNFN; CNN Headline News; Colours; Comedy Central;...
- Disney's back to basic. Newbery, Charles // Daily Variety;5/4/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p13
Reports that Disney Channel Latin America has shifted to basic in Argentina as part of the move away from the premium-only, advertising free-service it launched in the region between 2000-2001.
- Swtiched Broadcast Services. Vasudevan, S.V.; Brooks, Paul // Communications Technology;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p84
Deals with switched broadcast, a method of sending selected programming only to nodes when and where subscribers are actively requesting it, which revolutionized the cable network by expanding the concept of traditional broadcasting programming with a multicast programming overlay. Reasons for...
- Workflow integration. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p34
Suggests that the key to radio automation is that the scheduler module automatically places songs on the log based upon the song's classification, the clock in use at the time, and other parameters. Emergence of cable satellite music channels; Practice of outsourcing the origination and uplink...