Stylution ready to hit U.S
- Vacuum-packing doubles bedding container capacity. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;2/7/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p29
Reports on trends relating to the furniture industry in the United States as of February 2005. Stylution USA's citing of its vacuum-packing expertise as giving it an advantage in the U.S. market; Features of Sinomax Holding Group's foam-core mattresses.
- Stylution USA offering GE trade flow financing. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/29/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the move of Stylution USA to offer the trade flow financing from GE Commercial Finance at the furniture show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aim of the program to give buyers an interest-free financing allowing them to defer payment as good are shipped, cleared through customs, and hauled to...
- CALLUS TREATMENT. Murray, Arthur O. // Business North Carolina;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the plan of the management of Century Furniture to survive the problem facing the furniture industry in North Carolina. Focus of the company on high-end furniture; Competition faced by Century from cheap imports; Petition filed by Century for tariffs on Chinese imports.
- Steelcase Focus: Profit And Growth. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the restructuring of furniture manufacturer Steelcase Inc. in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Purpose of the restructuring; Factor that triggered the restructuring of the business model of Steelcase; Impact of the business model change on the company.
- EDITORIAL: NO TIME FOR COMPLACENCY. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb2008, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p82
The article comments on the economic challenges facing the furniture industry in 1984. The industry is stated to face two major challenges, one, that it capitalizes on the current recovery, and second, that it begins to minimize the impact of the next recession. It is noted that the economy is...
- Ashley dealers maintain an edge. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/30/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p12
The article reports on the business model of Ashley Furniture HomeStores Inc. that provides consumers and retailers an affordable home furniture in Wisconsin. According to Morris Furniture's president and chief executive officer (CEO) Larry Klaben, Ashley knows how to address the needs of...
- Richardson Bros. transitions to all-import. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p2
Case goods supplier Richardson Bros. Co. closed its 300,000-square-foot plant here last week and will refit a large portion of the facility to support its now all-import product line. In recent years, the furniture factory had employed around 125 people. About half have been absorbed into other...
- HOM CEO shares secrets of success. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p23
In April 1997, Wayne Johansen of HOM Furniture, and his partners turned their business on its head. They closed most of their specialty home furnishings stores to become a full line, big-box player in greater Minneapolis known as HOM Furniture. They opened or converted two stores as 70,000...
- Dinec moving operations to Trois-Rivi�re. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;Mar28/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p71
Reports that casual and dining bedroom maker Dinec has reassessed its strategy and is closing its plant nearby Louisville, Kentucky to transfer in Trois-Rivi� Quebec due to the strengthening of Canadia dollar against and increased competition in Asia. Effect on the transfer of location on the...