- Meta-Analysis of Multi-Arm Trials Using Empirical Logistic Transform. Chootrakool, Hathaikan; Jian Qing Shi // Open Medical Informatics Journal;2008, Vol. 2, p112
Meta-analysis of multi-arm trials has been used increasingly in recent years. The aim of meta-analysis for multi-arm trials is to combine evidence from all possible similar studies. In this paper we propose normal approximation models by using empirical logistic transform to compare different...
- Vitamin D for prevention of respiratory tract infections: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Charan, Jaykaran; Goyal, Jagdish P.; Saxena, Deepak; Yadav, Preeti // Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p300
Objectives: To explore the effect of vitamin D supplementation in prevention of respiratory tract infections on the basis of published clinical trials. Materials and Methods: Clinical trials were searched from various electronic databases. Five clinical trials were suitable for inclusion....
- Clinical trial registration at Tobacco Control. Bero, L. A. // Tobacco Control;Dec2006, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p417
The article talks about the publication of clinical trials in "Tobacco Control." According to the author, systematic reviews and meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials are the most methodologically rigorous types of evidence to evaluate the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions. The...
- Understanding systematic reviews and meta-analysis. Akobeng, A. K. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Aug2005, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p845
This review covers the basic principles of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. The problems associated with traditional narrative reviews are discussed, as is the role of systematic reviews in limiting bias associated with the assembly, critical appraisal, and synthesis of studies addressing...
- Osteopathic manipulative treatment in patients with low back pain. Licciardone, John // Clinical Rheumatology;Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p871
No abstract available.
- BIRTH OF THE...DECK? Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;1/20/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on the definitions of the word hipster. List of several terms and their corresponding meanings.
- Find It! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/10/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p3
This article presents a definition for the term "contraction."
- Resist Me, You Sweet Resistible You. Kincaid, James R. // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;Oct2003, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p1325
Discusses the definitions of resist and resistance. Impact of the act of opposition; Creation of a compromise by intellectual and historical developments; Provision of artificial occasions for discourse.
- All PPIs equivalent for treatment of GERD. // Journal of Family Practice;Dec2005, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p1024
This article cites a research study, which examines the differences between proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). This study is in form of a meta-analysis, which identified all double-blinded randomized controlled trials comparing one PPI with...