Hedge Funds Scoop Up Distressed CDOs
- Pricing continues ahead of summer lull. Colomer-Gaffney, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;7/18/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the condition of the securitization market in Europe. Amount of fast- and slow-pay senior tranches supported by five subordinated tranches; Announcement of Breweries PLC on debt financing incorporating new whole business securitization; Release of pricing terms for the new Network...
- All Eyes On Toys "R" Us As Mega Deal Hits Asset-Based Loan Mart. // Bank Loan Report;7/4/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the observation of the loan market about the trend in asset-based lending in the U.S. Impact of the debt financing for the leveraged buyout of Toys "R" Us Inc. on the status of the loan market; Average deal size during the first quarter of 2005; Lead financiers in the Toys "R" Us Inc....
- Safe as houses. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/3/2003, p16
Reports on the popularity of securitization as vehicle for debt financing in the capital markets of South Africa. Significance of the securitization issues of South Africa Home Loans and Absa; Reason why banks are setting up conduits, separate companies or special purpose vehicles, to purchase...
- Fragile goods. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;3/22/2007, p38
The article presents the author's view on the fragility of the mutual funds market in Great Britain. He cites the view of Kaufman that one of the reasons of the slow market performance is the withdrawal of liquidity by hedge funds. He also claims that the development of securitization is a...
- CDO Quest: Packaging Raw Financial Assets? Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;12/18/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p3
Focuses on the target for innovative collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the United States in 2001. Potential targets; Issues for agencies in rating CDO backed by whole loans; Innovative structuring needed to package the raw loan asset.
- CDOs Of ABS: Moving The Market. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;10/09/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p6
Focuses on collateralized debt obligations (CDO) of asset-backed securities. Its impact on subordinate bonds; Concerns over the increased use of synthetic exposures in CDO; Purchases made by fund managers.
- Banks facing 3-day settlement on trades. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;12/28/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 249, p3
Reports that the Federal Reserve Bank has proposed that banks settle debt and asset-backed security transactions within three days. Proposal published in December 26 issue of `Federal Register'; Record-keeping requirements for banks that buy securities for customers; Details on changes.
- Wider 'AAA' subprime levels weaken nearterm rebound hopes. Mitchell, Donna // Asset Securitization Report;3/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on the implications when capital markets experiences extreme booms and busts. Whenever this trend is present, there is usually the issue of an overarching repricing of its products. According to Deutsche Bank AG, the repricing of credit risk has occurred rapidly and the...
- Hudd tipped for Lovells' finance head role. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;1/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
This article reports that Lovells is expected to confirm capital markets veteran David Hudd as the head of the firm's finance practice. Hudd, currently the leader of Lovells' capital markets and securitisation group, was identified by the firm's partnership council as the candidate with the most...