Get aware with BSI
- REVISION ACTIVITIES FOR EXAM PREPARATION--Understanding the Connections. Barrile, Steve // Businessdate;Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Presents activities that can help students gain an understanding of the connection and interrelationship between management concepts and ideas. Organization of business studies and business management courses; Terms used in an autocratic style of management.
- The best-laid plans. Syrett, Michel // Director;Nov97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p107
States that the flexible, task-specific ways of working have increased the need for project management skills. Project-based management as a universal trend; Effect of the increased use of outsourcing and integrated supplier and distributor relationships; List of courses offered by many British...
- Northwood, ASTN team up. // Automotive News;2/7/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5537, p85
Reports on the joint offering of college credits toward an associate of arts degree in sales management by Automotive Satellite Network and Northwood University beginning September 1994. Conduction of courses by satellite from Midland, Michigan; Businesses and automotive courses to be offered.
- Integrating Production and Finance in the MBA Core Course. Emery, Gary W. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p55
Describes how to teach accounting, production and finance technique in an integrated context. Criticisms on management education programs; Effect of production policy on free cash flows and the use of discounted cash flow and option valuation; How to teach students to apply the techniques to...
- Conflict resolution as curriculum: A definition, description, and process for integration in core... Carruthers, William L.; Carruthers, Barbara J.B. // School Counselor;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p345
Addresses the consistency of conflict resolution (CR) curriculum with common definitions of curriculum, describes its contents and developmental nature and discusses a process for delivering a CR curriculum in schools in the United States. Content and nature of CR curricula; Instructional...
- Management Teaching Isn't Fun Any More. Stoever, William A. // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p85
Focuses on the impact of research and publication on management teaching in various business schools. Emphasis of faculty professors on publication; Consideration of research and publication as important functions of a university; Role of faculty in knowledge advancements of students.
- Let's not teach management as if it were a profession. Raelin, Joseph A. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p23
Examines management practice and management education which resulted to the teaching of management as if it were a profession. Drawbacks in teaching management as if it were a profession; How management should be taught; Qualities of effective managers.
- Industrial organization: Survey of reading materials in universities in Canada and the United... Venkateswarlu, Tadiboyina // American Economist;Spring93, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p84
Presents a survey of reading materials in universities in Canada and the United States to determine trends in the teaching of industrial organization courses. Uses of the information; Uniformity of course outlines; Two semester course; Market structure, conduct and performance; Regulation of...
- Embracing certification in `turfgrass'. Hall, Ron // Landscape Management;Nov94, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p36
Focuses on the University of Georgia/Professional Lawn Care Association of America's national turf certification program. William Meleen as first Certified Turfgrass Professional (CTP); Description of the certification program; CTP graduates.
- Time planning helps middle-schoolers with reading. Davey, Beth // Education Digest;May94, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p61
Suggests ways in which time planning can help middle-school readers face several special challenges. Tips for students which will help them to plan and organize their time; The importance of a game plan; Prioritizing activities; Scheduling incomplete tasks; The increasing difficulty of reading...