Minister launches CPD scheme
- East meets west--a salutary lesson in CPD. Faulkner, Mike // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr99, Issue 14, p31
Presents an update on the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program of the Institute of Administrative Management (IAM) in Great Britain. Lesson on Chinese attitudes about CPD from Zhu Yikun, an exchange student from China under the European Union-China Higher Education Exchange...
- Too much apple pie. Thomson, Alastair // People Management;5/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p49
Comments on the issues that the Department of Education and Employment deals with to promote lifelong learning in Great Britain. Estimated cost of providing lifelong learning; Information on the government report entitled `Learning and Training at Work 2000.'
- BIFM TRAINING. // FM World;5/8/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p44
The article discusses the significance of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for facility managers and features the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) Training short courses available in Great Britain in 2014.
- OU courses now tailored for IAM members. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Summer2007, Issue 59, p6
The article reports that Great Britain's Open University was, in 2007, offering courses tailored to meet the continuing education needs and requirements of members of the Institute of Administrative Management. It is noted that the courses of study designed for institute members include training...
- Education drive. // GP: General Practitioner;7/21/2006, p3
The article reports that Gerald Michael, a north-west London, England-based general practitioner, has stated that general practice in Great Britain has better disease management and continuing education than health systems in Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Gerald is going to visit all 25 European...
- Vocational education in South Africa. // Adults Learning;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p103
Reports that the Further Education Development Agency is organizing a ten day study visit to South Africa in March 1996. Setting up of teacher exchanges.
- Noticeboard. // Adults Learning;Feb96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p130
Reports on adult continuing education developments for February 1996 in Great Britain. Participation of more adults in Council-funded provision; Release of a Greenwich Community College book chronicling the making of individual and community lives; Calendar of events from March 1-22, 1996.
- Guidance and learner support. Houghton, Ann-Marie; Oglesby, Katharine Leni // Adults Learning;Feb96, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p146
Reports on the pilot study undertaken by the Department of Continuing Education in Great Britain on threshold standards for work with continuing education students. Purpose; Consultation with colleagues on existing procedures and services; Five key principles underpinning guidance and learning...
- European year of lifelong learning. // Adults Learning;Apr96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p186
Lists organizations which won successful bids for funding of lifelong learning projects in Great Britain, under the European Year of Lifelong Learning.