- actively seeking style. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Oct2005 Accessories Supplement, Vol. 190, p42
This article features bags launched by outdoor apparel companies in the U.S. in October 2005. Brands such as Columbia Sportswear Co., The North Face, Patagonia and Burton Snowboards have introduced bold and bright colors and feminine styling for their new bags and accessories that are as much at...
- The flying W. Draper, Derryck // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p28
This article focuses on the success of the Wilson Sporting Goods Co. in manufacturing tennis equipments and supplies, as of 2004. The company began building tennis racquets in 1913. The 2004 series of the company's Triad series uses tubular carbon fiber with a CAD-developed decahedral geometry...
- ZIP CODE. Gromer, Cliff // Popular Mechanics;Aug2004, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p120
Put more zip in your tennis game with Wilson Sporting Goods Co.'s n1 racket. Using nCode technology, Wilson's frame construction fills the voids between the carbon fibers with nano-size silicon oxide crystals. As a result, nCode rackets are said to be twice as strong and stable, and up to 22...
- Welts sees WNBA Merch tripling; Emmitt Smith bolts NFL QB Club. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;05/25/98, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p12
Reports on developments in sports and the market for brand name sporting goods as of May 1998. Growing popularity of the Women's National Basketball Association and licensed products; Emmitt Smith's promotion of the National Football League Quarterback Club; Howard Smith as Major League...
- ACTIVE LIFE. West, Evan; Way, Deborah // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p146
Presents information on the best sources for sporting goods in Indianapolis, Indiana. List of several sporting goods; Name and location of stores; Contact information for easy access. INSET: IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD..
- Nautica's Active Endeavor. McKinney, Melonee // DNR: Daily News Record;10/5/98, Vol. 28 Issue 118, p8
The article profiles Nautica Sport Technology (NST) which offers activewear lines of products and will debut in the spring of 1998 with 600 to 800 channels and stores provided with sporting goods specializing in sporting footwear, accessories, eyewear and watches.
- Sporting goods. // Discount Store News;10/21/96, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p88
Presents the top brands in the sporting goods in the United States, according to the `Discount Store News' magazine's 1996 Power Brands. Retailers' best-performing brands; Discount store shoppers' top brands.
- Industry Icons. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p14
The article presents quotes about how the sporting goods industry has changed from 1968-2008, from Mitchell Modell of Modell's Sporting Goods store, Julie Nimmons, chairwoman at Schutt Sports store, and Jerry Turner of Brooks Sports store.
- Game, Set, Match... Pallerino, Michael // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one related to leading retailers in sporting goods, one related to leading executives with innovative sporting products and strategies, and one related to executives growing in the sporting goods industry.