- FRISK PACE. BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;Aug2013, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p19
An interview with Patrik Frisk, president of footwear manufacturer Timberland LLC, is presented. He emphasizes their goal to kept everything that was good about the company in terms of keeping the entire social responsibility initiative, their path to service and their engagement with the...
- Thrill of the Hunt: Teens Still Seeking
Trends, But Demanding Bargains, Too. Carr, Kristen // FN: Footwear News;11/15/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 45, p6
Discusses the developments in the teenage footwear industry in the U.S. as of November 15, 2004. Decline in the amount spent by teenagers for footwear from 2003 to 2004; Factors attributed to the restrained footwear spending habits of the teenagers; Shoe options offered by several footwear...
- European Flux. Anniss, Elisa; McGuiness, Damien; Carofano, Jennifer; Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;5/28/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p63
The article discusses issues related to the footwear market in Europe. It observes that while consumers in Great Britain are spending more on fashion footwear, it is not the specialty shoe shops benefiting. The country is also the biggest athletic market in Western Europe, making up 25% of all...
- EVENT CALENDAR. // FN: Footwear News;Sep2013, Vol. 69 Issue 30, p19
A calendar of events related to footwear industry in September 2013 is presented including the "Catching Customers with the Net" on September 11, the GDS Press Conference on September 12, and the Bahama Mama Party on September 12.
- Insocks and comfort. ROSE, STEVE // World Footwear;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the insock specification and comfort as factors that influence customer choice in the footwear industry.
- Sound Off: Retailers reveal what their customers loved and what they are looking for next season. Baran, Michelle // FN: Footwear News;7/18/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 29, p16
Reveals the trends and styles of shoes that are resonating with consumers for spring 2006. Popularity of wedge during the season; Evolution of textures and prints; Decline of heel heights.
- Consumer Care. Newman, Eric; Schneider, Adam; Anniss, Elisa; Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;3/14/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p11
Presents several views of shoppers on the importance of shoe labels. Countries which are tops in making footwear; Reason shoppers will pay more for a Made in Italy label.
- Nike, Timberland sport the top spots in the Top Ten. Moroz, Yelena // Retailing Today;4/14/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p28
The article presents the retail Top Ten Sellers for 2007 in the branded sport footwear category in the U.S. According to the results, the Air Force 1 style of Nike brand has continued to dominate the market for the third consecutive year, while Timberland has taken the second place. Customers...
- Sole Commerce Buyers Seeking Luxury. Newman, Eric // FN: Footwear News;2/20/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the buying attitude of consumers in the U.S. for luxury footwear products. The significance of the increasing market stratification for the footwear retailers is mentioned. The reason behind the price-consciousness of women consumers in buying shoes is cited.