- Cognition and performance: anxiety, mood and perceived exertion among Ironman triathletes. Parry, David; Chinnasamy, Camilla; Papadopoulou, Eleni; Noakes, Timothy; Micklewright, Dominic // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Nov2011, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p1088
Objective The authors examined the changing patterns of mood before and after an Ironman triathlon, and the relationships between expected performance outcomes, perception of effort and pacing. Design Twelve participants in the 2008 Ironman Austria triathlon competition were studied before,...
- Discover What You're Made Of. // American Fitness;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p65
Provides information on the Degree Everyman Ironman competition. Events included in the competition; Requirements for entrants; Criteria for judging.
- Swiss mister. // Bay Area Reporter;9/1/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p19
Reports on the Iron Man competition held on July 17, 2005 in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Triathlons Continue Run Toward a Big Business. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p8
Reports that several athletes will descend upon Oceanside Harbor to challenge one another in a test of endurance during the third annual Ralphs California Half Ironman triathlon on April 3, 2004. Chance of every racer in Oceanside to qualify for Hawaii; Total number of athletes who have signed...
- With a little help from a friend. Lynch, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 174, pA9
The article reports on the Ironman Lake Placid triathlon in Adirondack Mountains, New York in July 2010 in which blind triathletes will participate in the event to be guided by their partners.
- LOOKING AHEAD. Loftus-Hill, Tiffany // Australian Triathlete;May/Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
The article offers the author's insights on inaugural Ironman Asia-Pacific Championship Melbourne in Melbourne, Victoria. The author mentions the success of the race with its record-breaking results and the new record set for the 2013 race. The author also acknowledges her family for helping her...
- IRONMAN SHEPP-TACULAR. // Australian Triathlete;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p14
The article announces the 2013 Campbell's Ironman 70.3 Shepparton and the 2014 Ironman 70.3 World Championship triathlon events to be held in Australia and Canada respectively.
- IRONMAN DESCENDS ON TENNESSEE. // Australian Triathlete;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p18
The article announces that Chattanooga, Tennessee has been picked as the venue to host an 11th race in the Ironman U.S. Series, which is to be held on September 28, 2014.
- The Kona diaries. Hanson, Stef // Australian Triathlete;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p26
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of going with the Tri Travel team of travel agents on a 10-day tour to the Ironman World Championships, a triathlon event held in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on October 12, 2013.