Zumiez Announces IPO
- TOP SPORTING GOODS RETAILERS. // DSN Retailing Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p32
Discusses the status of sporting goods retailers in the U.S., according to the 'Annual Industry Report,' compiled by 'DSN Retailing Today,' in 2001. Top sporting goods retailers identified by the report; Decline in the total sales of The Sports Authority; Number of stores opened by Hibbett...
- Sporting Goods chains compete on new playing field. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the competition among the sporting goods retailer in the U.S. Completion of the public stock offerings; Filing of a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission by Cabela; Realization of growth expectations.
- Heelys is Ready to Roll With IPO. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p11
The article offers a look at Heelys, a sporting goods brand that has filed S-1 documents with the Security & Exchange Commission, signaling its intent to enter the public market. The move by Heelys is the latest in a string of high-profile, active lifestyle initial public offerings--including...
- Zumiez Profits Surge 59.3% In 4th Quarter. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 59, p19
The article reports on the profits posted by action sports retailer Zumiez Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2005. The company's earnings and revenues rose in the three months which ended January 28, 2006. Sales and same-store sales also rose in the quarter. Flexible merchandising strategy helped...
- AUGUST 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p234
Presents a list of sports retail stores for skateboarders. Vertical X-scape in Atlanta, Georgia; Real Skate in Curridabat, Costa Rica; Stone 15 in Helsinki, Finland; Melrose Sports in Cebu City, Philippines.
- where AMERICA shops. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p26
The article focuses on the 2009 "Where America Shops" report, developed by The SportsOneSource Group. The group measures the factors that influence where consumers shop and what drives them to buy when it comes to sporting goods products. In the 2009 survey, 79% of respondents said that Price...
- January retail sales strong, but growth rate slowing. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p18
The author reports that sales for the sporting goods retail industry are increasing. The Monthly Retail Trade Survey reported that sales in January 2007 increased over eight percent compared to January 2006. Total sales for the sporting goods retail industry for 2006 was 35 billion dollars. This...
- DECEMBER 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p214
Presents a directory of skateboarding retail stores in the U.S. Goodwill Board Sports in Conway, Arkansas; West Side Skate Shop in Tarpon Springs, Florida; Fairmont Skate Shop in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
- CREATING NEW OPPORTUNITIES. Hartford, James M. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the author's opinion on the sporting goods market in the U.S. The author says that with unemployment continuing to expand, the market will lose even more spending strength until companies start expanding payrolls again in mid-2010 as expected. The author says that the...