Zumiez Announces IPO
- TOP SPORTING GOODS RETAILERS. // DSN Retailing Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p32
Discusses the status of sporting goods retailers in the U.S., according to the 'Annual Industry Report,' compiled by 'DSN Retailing Today,' in 2001. Top sporting goods retailers identified by the report; Decline in the total sales of The Sports Authority; Number of stores opened by Hibbett...
- Sporting Goods chains compete on new playing field. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the competition among the sporting goods retailer in the U.S. Completion of the public stock offerings; Filing of a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission by Cabela; Realization of growth expectations.
- Heelys is Ready to Roll With IPO. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p11
The article offers a look at Heelys, a sporting goods brand that has filed S-1 documents with the Security & Exchange Commission, signaling its intent to enter the public market. The move by Heelys is the latest in a string of high-profile, active lifestyle initial public offerings--including...
- Zumiez Profits Surge 59.3% In 4th Quarter. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 59, p19
The article reports on the profits posted by action sports retailer Zumiez Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2005. The company's earnings and revenues rose in the three months which ended January 28, 2006. Sales and same-store sales also rose in the quarter. Flexible merchandising strategy helped...
- AUGUST 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p234
Presents a list of sports retail stores for skateboarders. Vertical X-scape in Atlanta, Georgia; Real Skate in Curridabat, Costa Rica; Stone 15 in Helsinki, Finland; Melrose Sports in Cebu City, Philippines.
- where AMERICA shops. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p26
The article focuses on the 2009 "Where America Shops" report, developed by The SportsOneSource Group. The group measures the factors that influence where consumers shop and what drives them to buy when it comes to sporting goods products. In the 2009 survey, 79% of respondents said that Price...
- Interactive Sports Authority unit, prototype for future, bows in N.J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 60, p8
Features the interactive store unveiled by Sports Authority in Clifton, New Jersey. Location; Design of the interiors; Display of merchandise according to activity.
- Let's send the 'bad guys' somewbere else. Faltinek, James L. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the organized gangs of shoplifters, who worked to steal, repackage and resell such items as razor blades, infant formula and diabetes test strips. The hired shoplifters were motivated with perks that included free transportation and bail money, as needed. The gang...
- Stretching the Limits. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p23
Probes into the challenges posed by the increasing yoga trend to sporting goods retailers in the U.S. Reason for the difficulty in capitalizing on the yoga trend; Benefits of the cooling yoga hype on sporting goods stores; Efforts of retail store owners in improving service for the yoga category.