Healthy Work Environments Enroute to Excellence
- Employee grief policies require balancing act. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/22/99, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p20
Discusses how companies should deal with grieving employees. Bereavement policies at Clarian Health Partners Inc. and Eli Lilly & Co. as examples; Use of a negotiating process with an employee, according to Frank Impicciche of Saint Vincent Hospice; Caution on reducing responsibilities of a...
- Ergonomic office equipment: Pros and cons. KIND, MIKE // New Hampshire Business Review;2/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p30
The article discusses the benefits of using ergonomic tools in the workplace which are recommended by health-care professionals performing medical interventions. However, proper installation and user training is necessary to derive the full benefit of the product to fit everyone's needs. It adds...
- ERGO upgrades. Lewis, Anne // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p46
Provides information on ways to improve ergonomic conditions in the workplace. Importance of training employees to help ergonomic adaptations; Influence of early intervention on reduction of cost and time loss; Requirement for effective ergonomic mediation.
- Perfect Alignment. Leyes, Maggie // Advisor Today;Oct2001, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p108
Offers suggestions for improving office ergonomics. Importance of identifying the needs of employees; Computer requirements; Good lighting.
- Benefits beat-down: Clarian's big-stick wellness approach gets mixed reviews from health, benefits experts. Robbins, McLean // Employee Benefit News;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p51
The article reports that Clarian Health of Indianapolis, Indiana is making headlines for taking a stick approach to employee health and wellness and taking a Barry Bonds-like swing at getting positive results. It will charge a penalty each month to employees who do not meet certain health...
- Clarian to bring 450 jobs to east side. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p35
The article focuses on the plan of Clarian Health Partners Inc. to move non-clinical support employees to the former Union Acceptance Corp. in Indiana. Officials of the company declined to discuss their intentions regarding the purchase of a vacant lot in Indianapolis. furthermore, the jobs will...
- How Family-Friendly is: Clarian Health Partners. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the employee-friendly incentives offered by nonprofit health care system Clarian Health Partners Inc. to its employees in Indianapolis, Indiana. It has provided a flexible work arrangements with variety of scheduling options. All personnel may avail of Day Nursery/Clarian...
- Strategies for the Workplace Environment. McLean-Conner, Penni // Electric Light & Power;May/Jun2008, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p10
The article provides information on the different aspects of an ergonomics program, which is intended to prevent, evaluate and manage work-related musculoskeletal disorders. The worksite analysis and design determines jobs and workstations that may contain musculoskeletal hazards, risk factors...
- A separate reality. Ousnamer, Mark // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the importance of ergonomics in the work environment. View of managers that ergonomics is a means for workers to have more breaks and less work; Application of ergonomics in a construction project.