Moody's warns of guarantors' hurdles
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the U.S. as of March 2002. Increase of orders for durable goods; Surge of the consumer confidence index; Upgrade on the Texas Southern University debt rating by the Moody's Investor Service.
- Bank card deal on watch: It doesn't happen very often. // Asset Securitization Report;5/7/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p5
In a rarity for the bank credit card sector, Moody's Investors Services Inc., have placed several B-class notes of multiple deals from People's Bank on review for possible downgrade. "There have been instances where credit card transactions were placed on review due to deteriorating asset...
- Moody's: Less-Endowed Private Colleges Could See Credit Pressures. Z. Braun, Martin // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p42
Cites a Moody's Investors Service report on the financial outlook for private colleges and universities in the United States. Increased credit pressures for institutions with smaller endowments; Upgrades and downgrades on the sector; Lower returns on investments; Competition from less expensive...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p2
Presents several news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. as of April 3, 2003. Factory orders for manufactured goods, excluding semiconductors, decreased 1.5 percent in February, statistics released by the Commerce Department yesterday showed, while inventories grew 0.4 percent....
- Leveraged Finance Defaults Will Decrease, Provided Companies Can Refinance. // Bank Loan Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p2
Reports financial developments in the U.S. as of September 2002. Impact of Moody's Investors Service revision of forecast for the speculative grade default; Process of acquisition and financing loan for 21st Century Newspapers by GE Capital, Comerica and Sun Trust; Appointment of Barbara...
- Moody's reviews creditworthiness of drinking water SRF programs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/31/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30362, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc. analysis that the creditworthiness of some state revolving loan fund programs may suffer as loans are increasingly made to financially insecure drinking water providers in the United States. Moody's A2 rating of Kansas's drinking water SRF program;...
- Moody's, S&P comment on Y2K and issuers. // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p2
Features separate reports issued by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's on the year 2000 computer problem and its potential effect on the United States public finance sector. Likely operational failures and delays in debt-service payments in the public sector; Risk to public finance...
- Moody's promotes five of its analysts. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p36
Names five public finance analysts promoted by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in August 1997 to the position of vice president-senior credit officer.
- Moody's Lowers Florida Agency Outlook, Citing Housing Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p40
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors service changed its rating on Florida based nonprofit organization Capital Project Finance Authority. Reason for the change in outlook; Contents of disclosure notice of Public Finance Associates Inc.; Effect of the notice on U.S. market conditions.