BNY Capital settles into a high-net-worth niche
- Quarter Sets New Record For Volume. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31605, p1
Issuers seized on dramatically low interest rates in the first three months of 2003 to push volume up to the highest first quarter on record in the long-term municipal bond market.Total volume slightly eclipsed 83.5 billion dollars, a giant leap over the first quarter record of 71.65 billion...
- Weekly Yields Decline With Holiday-Shortened Week. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2006, Vol. 352 Issue 32514, p44
The article reports on the decline in the weekly yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" in the U.S. According to Fred Yosca, managing director and head of trading in BNY Capital Markets Inc., the market has been unchanged and this could mark the beginning of the year-end supply-demand imbalance. The...
- Weekly Indexes Decline as Late Week Losses Temper Early Gains. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/7/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32769, p41
The article reports on the financial performance of the municipal bond industry. According to BNY Capital Markets Inc. Managing Director Fred Yosca, the weekly yield indexes have declined due to insurance problems. It is seen that tax-exempt yields, revenue bond and bond sales indexes are...
- Yields Decline This Week in a Mix of Good and Bad. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/17/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 27, p11
The article reports that the weekly yield indexes of the Bond Buyer has declined in a week in July 2009. According to Fred Yosca, managing director of BNY Capital Markets Inc., the decline is primarily due to the failing Treasury market. An overview of the market trading in a week is provided,...
- BNY Brings $40M Turbo Deal to Market. Hahn, Tamar // Private Placement Letter;06/21/99, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the senior notes offering of BNY Capital Markets for Elliott Turbomachinery Inc. Value of the offering; Views on the deal; Information on Elliott.
- KPMG Offer Continues To Collect Interest. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;11/22/99, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Reports that BNY Capital Markets took advantage of the market lull to continue shopping its investment-grade offering for KPMG LLC. Status of the price talk on the five-year notes; Price of the entire offer; How the company fared among the `Big Five' accounting firms.
- Reinvestments, Thin Supply Sink Most Bond Buyer Indexes. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p6
The article informs that most of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes fell this week, reflecting firmness in the market, as January rollover reinvestment cash chased limited supply. But today's December non-farm payrolls report could change everything, said Fred Yosca, head of trading at BNY...
- Bank of New York Unit to Buy Boutique. Weidner, David // American Banker;9/23/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 182, p10
States that BNY Capital Markets Inc., a subsidiary of Bank of New York Co. has signed an agreement to acquire Patricof and Co. Capital Corp. Benefits of the deal to Bank of New York; Comments from Ronald L. Mandle, an analyst at Sanford C. Berstein and Co.
- Nassau Woes Smell Like Opportunity. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33459, p1
The article reports on the takeover of Nassau County's finances by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) after it finds that its 2.6 billion U.S. dollar 2011 budget had a deficit greater than the 1% in New York. It states that the takeover is an opportunity to some investors hoping...