- With nowhere to go but up, Fundamental has some plans for getting there. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p8
Discusses Cornerstone Equity Advisors Inc. Chief Executive Officer Stephen C. Leslie's plans for Fundamental Funds. Fundamental's history of violations and volatile returns; Cornerstone's entry into the mutual fund; Plans for cutting costs; Plans for emulating the big players in the market;...
- Cornerstone equity advisors. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p9
Reports on the expansion of the investment consulting business of Cornerstone Equity Advisors in New York City.
- BlackRock favored in acquisition of Columbia. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;5/18/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that BlackRock Inc. is likely to win the bidding for Bank of America Corp.'s money management arm, Columbia Management Group LLC. Bankers say BlackRock could consolidate much of the $261 billion of client money Columbia had in either money market or fixed-income strategies as...
- B of A Unit Starts Adviser Learning Center. // American Banker;3/24/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 57, p7
This article reports that Columbia Management, the investment management arm of Bank of America, has started a support program for financial advisors and investment professional who want to provide clients with retirement and rollover strategies. The Columbia Management Retirement Learning...
- Columbia: Excelsior Integration Is Done. // American Banker;4/4/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 65, p6
The author reports that the integration of 24 Excelsior funds by the company Columbia Management has been completed. According to the article, funds from Excelsior and Columbia were merged as part of the integration. The number of Excelsior funds which may be integrated into the fund group in...
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;2/11/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
The article announces personnel changes in the investment market including the appointments of Jeffrey Peters by Columbia Management and Peter Gunning by Russell Investments as well as the promotion of Guillaume Amblard by BNP Paribas.
- B of A Unit Hires Investment Manager. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;5/3/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 85, p9
The article reports that Columbia Management, an investment management unit of Bank of America Corp., has hired Patrick J. Ford as managing director. Ford will also serve as senior portfolio manager for cash investments. He previously managed portfolios for BlackRock Institutional Management...
- Cornerstone's burden. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p1
Reports on Cornerstone Equity Advisors Inc.'s effort to revive the former Fundamental Portfolio Advisors Inc. Focus on the structural problems in the way the portfolios were managed; Background on the demise of the funds starting in July 1998; Short-term victories of Cornerstone with the funds.
- A $1 Billion Acquisition Transforms Ameriprise. MOREY STETTNER // Investors Business Daily;1/6/2014, pA09
In May 2010, Ameriprise Financial completed its acquisition of Columbia Management's long-term asset management business from Bank of America.