Rulemaking panel dismissed by HUD
- Sides Debate Section 8. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Section 8 program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on housing market. Benefits of multifamily rental property owners; Factors contributing to the decline of affordable housing inventory; Notion of the government in changing the contract.
- HUD report: Strong economy worsens housing crisis. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p3
Cites the findings of a United States Department of Housing and Urban Development report on housing. Worsening of the crisis-level shortage in affordable housing; Increase in waiting lists for public and assisted housing; Increase in market rents.
- Section 8 Utilization: A Policy Perspective. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p27
Explains why some participants of the Section 8 housing program in the country fail to find suitable housing accommodations according to the United States Housing & Urban Development (HUD). Factors attributed to low success rates; Policies hampering the success of some participants.
- Should LHAs Return Unused Vouchers to HUD? Zappasodi, David // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the publication of a notice outlining procedures for local housing agencies to voluntarily return the unused vouchers by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Increase of the national authorization rates; Role of the local housing agencies in the community;...
- Risks and Rewards. Stone, Adam // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the efforts of the local housing agencies to find creative ways in allocating the Section 8 funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Increase of the utilization rates; Use of the vouchers; Improvement of the marketing strategies.
- Be it ever so humble... Grayson, Matt // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Summer98, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on housing in the United States, highlighting the report `Rental Housing Assistance--The Crisis Continues,' from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Details on the affordable living shortage in the US; Areas where affordable living is needed most;...
- No Place to Call Home. Pitcoff, Winton // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr2000, Issue 228, p24
Discusses the housing crisis in the United States (US) as of the year 2000. Calculation of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on the housing condition of families; Decline in the supply of affordable housing stock; Legacy of the HUD.
- Cops, Teachers Programs to Restart. Sichelman, Lew // National Mortgage News;7/16/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 41
Reports on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's Officer Next Door and Teacher Next Door property disposition initiatives. Suspension of the programs; Abuse of the rules of the program.
- County receives federal grant waiver. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p22
Reports that the US Department of Housing and Urban Development has granted Orange County, New York a 100 per cent reduction in the HOME Program match required for the fiscal year 1996.
- Opportunities in affordable housing. Snow, Jane Moss // Journal of Property Management;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p30
Reports on opportunities for affordable housing in the United States. Decline in the number of housing units for the poor; Changes in the role of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development; Application of free-market principles in property management. INSET: HUD...