Water facilities need more federal funding
- Bottled or tap? Márquez, Carlos; Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;8/30/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p44
The article reports on the advantages of tap water from overpriced bottled drinking water in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (PRASA) noted that 16.9 oz. of bottle of water costs $1.00 while tap water is just $.0043. The firm also assured consumers that their water is 100%...
- Drinking Water: Safeguarding the District of Columbia's Supplies and Applying Lessons Learned to Other Systems: GAO-04-974T. Stephenson, John B. // GAO Reports;7/22/2004, p1
Concerns have been raised about lead in District of Columbia drinking water and how those charged with ensuring the safety of this water have carried out their responsibilities. The 1991 Lead and Copper Rule (LCR) requires water systems to protect drinking water from lead by, among other things,...
- Voinovich to Push Measure Boosting Wastewater, Drinking Water SKF Funds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p5
Reports on the plan of Senator George Voinovich to introduce legislation that will provide budget for the wastewater state revolving loan fund and for the drinking water state revolving funds (SRF) in the U.S. Offer of low interest loans to local government and operators of sewer and water...
- COMPLIANCE IS NOT AN OPTION. // Pollution Engineering;Jul2007, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (WASA) will pay a $10,000 penalty for not complying with data management and reporting requirements of a 2004 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) consent order in the U.S. The penalty was resulted from the settlement of an...
- BioGro may lose sludge pact. Leonard, John // Waste News;10/13/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports that the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania sewer authority may implement a sludge hauling contract. Number of firms that responded to proposals from the Allegheny County Sanitary Authority know as Alcosan; What the contract will require from the hauler; Who offer the highest bid on the...
- Discussing number one. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p37
Presents a photograph taken during New York Governor George Pataki's signing of a bill which will privatize Sewer District Number One.
- Good planning. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p37
Presents a photograph taken during New York Governor George Pataki's signing of a bill which will privatize Sewer District Number One. Includes the identity of people included in the photograph.
- A job that calls for more than just an engineer. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/16/97, Vol. 238 Issue 24, p106
Editorial. Comments on changes in the bureaucracy of the sewerage district in Florida's Dade-Miami area initiated by district director Anthony Clemente. Set of new challenges which emerged from the changes; Financial difficulties of implementing reforms at the district.
- PRASA'S DAY-AFTER-NEW YEAR'S MASSACRE. // Caribbean Business;1/12/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority's cutting of water service in Puerto Rico.