Are reinsurers riskier?
- Positive rating for Enhance Reinsurance. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30339, p33
Reports on the reaffirmation of Duff and Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s AAA rating on the claims-paying ability of Enhance Reinsurance Co.
- Capital Re, forming new unit, bets on home-loan reinsurance. Saft, James H. // American Banker;12/22/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 243, p8
Reports on Capital Re Corp.'s formation of a subsidiary called Capital Mortgage Reinsurance Co. to offer reinsurance to mortgage insurers. Opportunities in the mortgage insurance industry; Capital Mortgage's focus on long-term goals and the advantages seen in serving the mortgage insurance...
- Reinsurer under review. // Business Insurance;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p39
Reports on rating agency Moody's Investors Service's review of reinsurance company Enhance Reinsurance Co.'s financial strength rating. Reasons for the rating review; Prospects for downgrading of the rating.
- Moody's cuts enhance Re's insurance rating 2 notches. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;08/18/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30707, p1
Reports on the downgrade of the bond rating of Enhance Reinsurance Co. and Enhance Financial Services Group Inc. Diversification at the holding company level; Securitizing of consumer receivables.
- Capital Re's rebounding. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p1
Focuses on the changes implemented by Capital Re Corp. to get back its high rating as a municipal bond reinsurer. Stock problems encountered; Review of the company's rating; Quality as the company's primary concern over fast-paced growth; Diversification of the products offered by the company;...
- Moody's downgrades Capital Re, Capital Reinsurance. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p4
Reveals that Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the insurance financial strength rating of Capital Reinsurance Co. and the debt rating of Capital Re Corp. Claims by Moody that increasing competition and increased risk profile are the factors that led to the downgrading; Credit losses of...
- Moody's to consider cap re downgrade. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p32
Reports that Moody's Investor Service Inc. is planning to reconsider its downgraded credit rating of Capital Re Corp.
- Industry gives cap re vote of confidence; questions remain. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p1
Reports on the municipal bond insurance community's reactions to Moody's Investors Service's downgrade of Capital Reinsurance Co., the first time a triple-A monoline financial guarantor was downgraded. Factors for downgrading; Implications of Moody's actions for the industry; Analysts'...
- XL bids for capital re. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;10/11/99, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p1
Reports that New York City-based financial guarantee reinsurer Capital Re Corp. is being targeted for takeover separately by Bermuda insurers ACE Ltd. and XL Capital Ltd. Offer by XL of $456.3 million in cash; Offer by ACE of $375.3 million in stock in October 1999; Value of ACE's offer in May...