- Rosemont, Ill., Sets $500M Plan to Boost TIF. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p6
The article reports on the announcement of the village of Rosemont in Illinois concerning the $500 million private development plan. According to the report, the plan has been expected to bring in additional tax increment financing revenues that repays some of the bonds that were issued in part...
- Southeast bond-watch. Molis, Jim; McEntee, Christopher; Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30519, p27
Presents a roundup of developments relating to bonds and the bond market in the Southern States as of November 12, 1998. Includes rejection of a proposed sales tax to pay for a new mass transit system in Birmingham, Alabama; South Carolina voters' approval of tax-increment financing to support...
- Southeast Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p27
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the Southeastern States, current as of April 15, 1999. Includes Volusia County, Florida's plan to refund Daytona Airport bonds; Appointment of Bill Tomlinson as budget director for Georgia.
- Attractive Rates in 2001 Had Southwest Refunding Like Mad. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p50
Focuses on refunding deals in the bond market of southwestern U.S. states, as of February 19, 2002. Percentage increase in combined refunding and new-money issues; Factors that led to increase in amount of refunding according to data from an investment firm; Authorities that brought large...
- Maryland's St. Mary's County Readies $40.5M Package. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p4
Reports on the plan of Saint Mary's County, Maryland to sell a $40.5 million debt package consisting of new-money bonds for various public projects and refunding bonds on August 19, 2003. Types of bonds included in the package; Fundings to be assisted through refunding bonds; Expectations of...
- Supply worries, data gap bring prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p2
Reports that the supply concerns heading into the Washington government's quarterly refunding has pulled Treasury prices lower. Factors that contributed to the market's decline; Data on the status of long bond and notes.
- Safe harbor from yield burning urged. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the agreement among municipal industry bond counsel and issuer groups in the United States on an approach that federal regulators should adopt to determine which advance refunding would not be subject to enforcement action for yield-burning abuses. Group's failure to consult with US...
- More Current Bond Covenants Can Make Restructurings Much Easier. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p38
Reports on the importance of restructuring bond indentures that restrict public power utilities' use of funds in preparing for a competitive bond market in the United States. New York Power Authority's refunding of outstanding debt; Change of the debt ratio coverage covenant.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p22
Presents a list of bonds that have been called and redeemed their issuers in the United States, as of January 7, 2000. Includes bonds issued by the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency; Pinellas County, Florida Housing Finance Authority; Southwest Florida Housing Development Corp.;...