Massachusetts hospital market: Handle with care, buyers say
- Migration Behavior of Long-Term Bond Ratings of Canadian Corporate Issuers. Kryzanowski, Lawrence; Menard, Jocelyne // Canadian Investment Review;Fall2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on a study which examined various aspects of bond ratings migrations for Canadian corporate issuers. Information on the study participants; Analysis of rating transition matrices; Computation of bond rating migration activity; Correlation of bond rating migrations among issuers.
- Bellwether Bowie deal on watch for downgrade, always hype. Burns, Mairin // Asset Securitization Report;6/2/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p7
Reports on the threat of a downgrade facing the infamous 'Bowie Bonds,' in the U.S. Decline in retail sales across the music entertainment industry; Decision of Moody's Investors Service to put the securitization on review for a possible downgrade.
- Maricopa County, Ariz., Boosted by New Health District. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p4
Focuses on the health district program in Maricopa County, Arizona. Improvement of obligation bond rating; Plan of the county to issue a multi-million worth of certificates of participation; Implication of the health care system finances for the general fund; Upgrade in the financing cost of...
- Fitch Gives AA-Minus to Upcoming $35.5 Million Deal for Providence Health. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p35
Reports on the growth in rating of revenue bonds that the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority will issue on August 20, 2003 as Series 2003 H for the Providence Health System. Distribution of the health system; Factors that led to the growth in the ratings; Potential use of the...
- Competition prompts bond rating downgrades for Philadelphia systems. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p22
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has revised the bond rating outlooks on three major healthcare systems in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania market from stable to negative. University of Pennsylvania Health Services; Jefferson Health System; Temple University Health System.
- Funds to weather the bear markets. Kumar, Dhirendra; Krishnamurthy, Narayan // Money Today;8/21/2008, p8
The article offers information on the top five all-weather funds in India as of August 21, 2008. The authors explain how they have ranked the top 20 funds mentioned in the list. They note that the funds have survived three distinct events in the pre-technology boom from 1998 to 1999. Briefly...
- Fidelity Inflation-Protected Bond. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Fidelity;Jul2012, Issue Q3, p27
A chart is presented which depicts the periodical's ratings for Inflation-Protected Bonds managed by the company Fidelity Investment as of third quarter of 2012 on the basis of several factors including bond performance, portfolio analysis and risk analysis.
- S&P, Moody's Offer Bleak Prognosis for Health Care Credits. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p25
Reports on the ratings of bonds in the American health care sector during the first half of 1999. Volume of health care bonds downgraded by rating agencies; Speculations on the credit quality of the sector for the rest of the year.
- The Use of Projected Performance Sparks Some Second-Guessing. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p7
Focuses on major rating agencies' practice of basing ratings on expectations of future performance. Series of bond rating downgrades in the health care sector; Controversy over the rating methodology; Rating agencies' contrasting approaches to the health care sector.