Texas official: Population will inflate water system needs
- Florida Co. Initiative On Track. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32471, p1
The article provides updates on the 25-year finance proposal for infrastructure projects of Orange County, Florida. According to reports, the county commissioners are expected to approve a $2.97 billion budget for fiscal year 2007 as funding for the first year of the project. The infrastructure...
- Highly Rated Seattle to Sell $133 Million of GOs Next Week. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p34
The article presents information on the plans of Seattle, Washington, to competitively price just over $133 million of limited-tax general obligation bonds to finance various transportation and infrastructure projects, as well as refinance outstanding debt. Michael van Dyck, the city's debt...
- Illinois task force may urge $12 billion for infrastructure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p1
Reports on Illinois' plans to borrow $4 billion with general obligation and revenue-backed bonds to help finance a five-year infrastructure program. Securitization of the debt; Other sources of financing for the infrastructure program; Possible increases in administrative fees to support the deal.
- D.C. Needs Federal Funds for Infrastructure, Say Mayor, CFO. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p45
Reports that the District of Columbia either needs more federal funds or must find a way to expand its tax base to help maintain its infrastructure and services in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public finance and the bond market.
- Pittsburgh Schools Sets $54M While Coping With Tax Limits. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p3
The article reports on the plans of Pittsburgh School District to competitively sell $54 million of general obligation (GO) bonds for infrastructure improvements. The overall plan of the district is to downsize and streamline operations in response to tax limits the state imposed 2006. The...
- Don't bank on it. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jan2010, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the proposal to create a national infrastructure bank (NIB) in the U.S. It notes that the bank would issue bonds and use the proceeds for infrastructure funding. It points out the two major advances of NIB which are the removal of the Federal infrastructure funding from the...
- Lincoln, Neb., Weighing Joint Taxing Authority With Lancaster County. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p29
Focuses on the plan on the creation of a joint taxing authority with Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Nebraska. Finance for rising infrastructure costs of the city related to growth; Worth of the failing bond measure; Deficit in the capital financing budget.
- Arkansas Eyes $1.3B For Highways. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p1
The article reports that Arkansas lawmakers will weigh in for the first time in March 2005 on proposed legislation that would allow the state highway department to issue up to $985 million of revenue bonds to finance the majority of a $1.3 billion road improvement program. According to the bill,...
- Backers vie for votes on $2B bond issue. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that on August 2, the Ohio House will vote on whether to put on the November ballot a $2 billion bond issue that would provide $1.5 billion for infrastructure improvements as well as $500 million for research and development grants under the state's 10-year, $1.1 billion...