Virginia agency picks state treasurer for top spot
- Fulton Day, Jamestown. Twain, Mark // Entire Works of Mark Twain Collected;3/1/2006, p3996
This speech was delivered September 23, 1907. Mr. Clemens was introduced by Lieutenant-Governor Ellyson of Virginia.
- Richard La Pointe. M.G. // State Government News;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, pXII
Focuses on Richard La Pointe, Virginia superintendent of public instruction. Achievements in career in education; Stress given on educational accountability; Academic degrees; family life.
- Tillett to stay on as Virginia finance secretary. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30302, p7
Reports on Virginia Governor-elect James Gilmore's decision to retain Ronald Tillett as state finance secretary. Tillet's career in public service.
- Jinks to head Alexandria, Va., agencies. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p32
Reports that Mark Jinks, director of Arlington County, Virginia's finance department, will take over five government agencies for the neighboring city of Alexandria. Broader management responsibilities; Difference between the county's and city's bond programs.
- Fit for Session. Ali, Ann // State Journal (WV);2/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the initiatives of West Virginian Delegates John Ellem, Richard Iaquinta, and Meshea Poore to find time for exercise and fitness classes despite their busy schedules to improve their health and work.
- Governor Candidates Picked. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/19/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33520, p9
The article reports on the selection of West Virginian candidates to compete for general gubernatorial elections on October 4, 2011 with Democratic candidate and Acting Governor Earl Ray Tomblin with 40% of the votes and Republican candidate and businessman Bill Maloney with 45% of the votes.
- Sexually explicit material on the Internet. // PA Times;Jun99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
Presents news stories about ethics. Virginia's restrictions placed on state employees to view sexually explicit material on the Internet; Reasons for growth of academic fraud worldwide.
- Becky Norton Dunlop. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;12/08/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 45, p11
Comments on the performance of Becky Norton Dunlop as Natural Resources Secretary in Virginia. Promotion of free market solutions in environmental problems; Views on the relation of corporate tax and environment management; Educational background and political career.
- A Woman of the House. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31703, p1
Presents information on Susan F. Dewey, executive director of Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA), a Richmond, Virginia based housing finance agency. Experiences of Dewey in a male dominated corporate world; Information on family members of Dewey; Assessment of the working of VHDA;...