Hybrid GO backs L.A. communications deal
- Los Angeles Agency Readies Deal to Purchase Police, Emergency Equipment. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p3
Reports on the plan made by California-based Los Angeles Municipal Improvement Corp. to issue three competitive deals to finance police and emergency equipment. Reason for the issuance of debt to various city departments; Various heads which will be financed by deals; Ratings received by the...
- Law enforcement communication security. Quarantiello, Laura E. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Aug95, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p14
Describes the communications equipment used by law enforcement officers in the United States. Communications equipment as the most important part of an officer's protective gear; Increased importance of communications equipment in urban policing; Security of police communications systems;...
- CDPD speeds police decisions in Philadelphia. // Communications News;Jul96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p14
Reports on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania police's use of cellular-based data transmission to make quick, on the street decisions. Comments of Police Commissioner Richard Neal; Benefits of the technology for area residents; Provision of the system's software by PRC Public Sector.
- High-tech upgrade boosts efficiency at TPD. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;6/12/95, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p23
Reports on Tucson Police Department's planned upgrade in telecommunication devices. Installation of mobile data terminals (MDTs) in squad cars; Connection of MDTs to the department's computer and dispatch system; Information retrieval system as the next phase for the upgrade.
- Police keep track of guns online. Bentley, Ross // Computer Weekly;1/23/2003, p39
Reports on upgradation of firearms management operations to a web-based system called Cedar's Web Firearms Information System in Dyfed-Powys police force area in Wales. Features of the web facility; Benefits of the web facility for the police force.
- Cops latest to crave piece of spectrum pie. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the lobbying campaign launched by United States' police departments to use broadcast channels for mobile-radio use. Broadcast channels being targeted by the departments; Number of channels proposed by law enforcement officials for free public safety use; Comment by Robert Gurss,...
- 10-4, Good Buddy. // Progressive;Jun86, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the demotion and suspension of a South Bend, Indiana policeman for producing the sound of passing gas on the police radio.
- Permanently plugged in. // Communications News;Dec97, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on Coos Bay, Oregon-based law enforcement officers' utilization of a wireless access software application, CloudServer, by Cerulean Technology. Access to local, state, and national law enforcement databases; Increase in response capabilities.
- Firefighters, police switch to digital. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the police and firefighters' switch from analog to digital radio system in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Budget allocated to the digital radio project; Elimination of private reception of police radio calls; Advantages of digital radio system.