Eosinophilia, Fever, Hepatosplenomegaly and Wheezing
- Toxocariasis and eosinophilic meningitis. Gould, I.M.; Newell, S.; Green, S.H.; George, R.H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/2/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6504, p1239
Presents a case study of a patient with toxocariasis and eosinophilic meningitis in Great Britain. Identification of toxocariasis as a visceral migrans in children with pica; Prevalence of eye lesions among older children and adults; Treatments of the disease.
- Visceral Larva Migrans (Larval Granulomatosis) Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. Lewis, Paul L.; Yadav, Vasant G.; Kern, Jay A. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1962, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p19
â€˜Visceral larva migransâ€™ is a syndrome seen in pre-school children with a history of pica, and usually consists of pulmonary infiltrations, eosinophilia, leukocytosis, hyperglobulinemia, and hepatosplenomegaly. There may be respiratory, myocardial, ocular or central nervous system...
- THE USE OF DUAL RECOMBINANT ANTIGENS FOR IMPROVED SENSITIVITY IN DIAGNOSIS OF HUMAN TOXOCARIASIS. M., Suharni; A., Norhaida; At, Liza Sharmini; N., Rahmah // Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan2007 Supplement, Vol. 14, p42
Introduction: Current laboratory diagnosis for toxocariasis relies heavily on TES (toxocara excretory-secretory)-based serological tests. Since TES production is limited due to the capacity of parasite culture, the use of recombinant antigens which can be produced in unlimited amounts, offers a...
- Fever, Muscular Aches, and Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Ziai, Mohsen // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1975, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1070
This article cites a case-study of trichinosis with symptoms of fever and muscular aches in a nine-year-old girl. The girl was hospitalized because of fever and pain in the extremities. She had been well until about one month prior to admission, when she developed recurrent skin eruptions...
- Thiabendazole Treatment of Presumptive Visceral Larva Migrans (VLM). Perrin, Jean; Boxerbaum, Bernard; Doershuk, Carl F. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1975, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p147
Describes the authors' experiences with two children who had eosinophilia and persistent pneumonitis and the presumptive diagnosis of visceral larva migrans (VLM) and were treated with thiabendazole. Physical and x-ray evidence of otitis media and pneumonia; Development of thiabendazole from...
- Toxocara canis and human health. Kerr-Muir, M.G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/2/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6946, p5
Examines the effects of Toxocara canis on human health in Great Britain. Characteristics of Toxocaral visceral larva migrans; Description of ocular larva migrans; Relation of toxocariasis to larval load.
- Epiluminescence Microscopy in Cutaneous Larva Migrans. Veraldi, S.; Schianchi, R.; Carrera, C. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;May2000, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p233
Evaluates the usefulness of epiluminescence microscopy (EM) in the diagnosis of cutaneous larvae migrans (CLM). Conduction of EM in all lesions of the patients; Characterization of CLM by multiple tracks in patients; Pros and cons of EM.
- Obesity, Adipocytokines and Cancer. Masaki, Takayuki; Yoshimatsu, Hironobu // Translational Oncogenomics;2008, Issue 3, p45
A great amount of literature has demonstrated a connection between obesity, visceral fat and the metabolic disorders such as hyperglycemia, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. Lately, there has been an increased interest in understanding if cancer is related to obesity and visceral fat...
- Eosinophilic abscesses: a new facet of hepatic visceral larva migrans. Mukund, Amar; Arora, Ankur; Patidar, Yashwant; Mangla, Vivek; Bihari, Chhagan; Rastogi, Archana; Sarin, Shiv // Abdominal Imaging;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p774
Hepatic visceral larva migrans (VLM) refers to a condition characterized by granulomatous liver lesions containing eosinophils and inflammatory cells associated with migration of second-stage larvae of certain nematodes such as toxocara canis. The typical imaging findings described in the...