Promo pumps cult cartoons
- The odd squad. Levy, Ariel // New York;08/10/98, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p42
Profiles the comedy team known as the Upright Citizen Brigade. Their special on the Comedy Central cable channel; Formation of the group; Type of humor they like; Details of their television special; Comments.
- Cartoon becomes `Slice' of Lifetime. // Editor & Publisher;07/25/98, Vol. 131 Issue 30, p37
Announces the appearance of the weekly cartoon `A Slice of Life,' on the Lifetime cable network's Web site. Background on the cartoon.
- GLA carries RTVE channel quadrant. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;03/16/98, Vol. 370 Issue 5, p28
Provides information on the agreement between Galaxy Latin America (GLA) to carry four channels from Spanish media group RTVE Co. Television channels that would be offered via GLA service; Terms under the agreement.
- Engineering News. // CT's Pipeline;11/13/2007, p2
The article focuses on trends in the use of switched digital video (SDV) in North America, with many cable operators either deploying the technology or getting ready to do so in the next few months. Less extensively explored has been the question of how to gain overall visibility into the...
- FEMME COMICS FOLLOW 'KINGS' ON SHOWTIME. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/27/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 18, p3
Reports that comics Laura Hayes, Adele Givens, Sommore and Mo'Nique will perform on a Showtime special titled 'The Queens of Comedy' in January 2001. Production of the show by Walter Latham; Direction by Steve Purcell; Sales of the show 'The Original Kings of Comedy.'
- Cartoon Network Stars in Revolt. Skoope, Ivor // Marketing (00253650);5/25/2000, p3
Announces the move of several cartoon characters such as Yogi Bear, Top Car and Quickdraw McGraw, to leave Cartoon Network to join the Boomerang television network. Planned launch of Boomerang over millions of homes via digital satellite on May 27, 2000.
- TNN 'Strip' teases 1.4 mil viewers. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/1/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 17, p6
Despite the legal problems restricting its name change to Spike TV, TNN whipped out its new late-night animation block Thursday with positive results. "The Strip," which is comprised of "Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon," "Gary the Rat" and "Stripperella," lured 1.4 million viewers to the...
- Sanitized South Park. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 30, p21
Reports on the plan of TV syndicators to compile a content-review board to ensure that Comedy Central's irreverent cartoon "South Park" is complying with the broadcast standards. Executives from station groups that are included in the board; Challenge posed by the TV show for kids who get into...
- A Cartoon Alley Paved in Gold: David Hand's Animaland series kicks off a fantastic weekly anthology of classic shorts on TCM. // Animation;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p34
This article focuses on the animated television show on The Movie Channel (TMC), Cartoon Alley. Cartoon Alley showcases rarely seen titles from the early years of animation with many drawn from the rich TCM library. Hosted by familiar TCM personality Ben Mankiewicz, Cartoon Alley began its run...