- Better Outlook Seen for Cable. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p27
Reports on the predicted financial performance of the cable television sector in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2004. Challenges faced by cable networks during the third quarter; Decline in shares of Comcast, Cablevision and Cox in previous quarters; Factors driving the growth of cable...
- Tech notes. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p12
Reports on technology applications in the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of October 25, 1999. Includes Cablevision Systems Corp.'s plan to deploy NDS Ltd.'s Open VideoGuard pay-per-view system in New York City; Orange County, California-based cable operator Cox...
- ITV:. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p2
The article reports on the deal established between TVWorks Co. and a third-party partner in the U.S. The company is expected to launch its ETV-BIF platform to markets dominated by Cox Communications Inc. and Comcast Corp. The Cox-Comcast joint venture deal with Ensequence Inc. allows TV...
- Cablevision Wants Its Own DTV Guide. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p10
Reports that United States-based Cablevision Systems Corp. is developing its own interactive program guide (IPG) for its upcoming digital television rollout in September 2001. Features of Cablevision's IPG; Other industry players that have developed their respective IPG.
- THE CABLE VISION. Scanlon, Mavis; Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network operator Cablevision Systems as of November 11, 2002. Sale of its Bravo network to NBC; Information on its satellite network; Information on its digital product iO.
- Voom Has Big Holes In Basic-Net Lineup. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the Voom High-Definition TV (HDTV) satellite service in the U.S. of Cablevision Systems Corp. Features of the service; Negotiation being done by the company with potential parties about distributing the service in standard- and HD formats; Number of HDTV channels that will be featured...
- Station Lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p37
Presents a list of Cox Television stations ranked by size in the local U.S. market as of February 2, 2004. KICU-TV 36 in San Jose, California; WPXI (TV) 11, NBC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; WHIO (TV) 7, CBS in Dayton, Ohio; WJAC (TV) 6, NBC in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
- Hooked up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p51
Focuses on several developments concerning cable television in the United States as of June 21, 1999. Includes USA Network's purchase of rights to 17 films from Columbia Pictures; Romance Classics' addition of three million analog subscribers through an affiliation deal with MediaOne; Disney...
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;04/23/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 10, p35
Presents news briefs on cable television (TV) companies in the United States as of April 29, 2001. Purchase of cable TV rights by TNN to the reruns of `Mad TV'; Movie titles bought by Showtime from Carlton International; Multiyear agreement between CNN anchor Bill Hemmer and CNN.