Eisner's Reason to Crow
- Eisner: Tipped on Comcast bid. Rose, Maria Matzer; Newswire, Dow Jones // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/24/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 36, p1
Wall Street and Hollywood may have been stunned by Comcast Corp.'s takeover bid for the Walt Disney Co. unveiled this month, but it came as no surprise to Disney's board of directors. The board had already strategized on how to respond to an unsolicited offer from the Philadelphia,...
- Dis-missed: Comcast buy offer rescinded. Bennett, Ray; Taylor, Joel // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/4/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 36, p56
Comcast Corp.'s announcement that it is walking away from its bid to buy the Walt Disney Co. earned high marks from Wall Street analysts and immediately triggered a new round of speculation about the cable company's next potential takeover targets. On April 27, after the company's two-day board...
- Eisner extends a cable olive branch. McClintok, Pamela; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/8/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 49, p18
Reports on the appearance of Michael Eisner, executive of Walt Disney, at the National Cable Show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reconciliation to cable operators during the show; Reaction to Eisner's presence during in the show; Socialization with different executives during the show.
- Disney net nears launch. Holdsworth, Nick // Daily Variety;4/1/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 63, p4
The article reports that Disney Channel has granted a five-year cable television (TV) license in Russia.
- BEHIND THE SPIN. // Management Today;Nov2004, p26
The article presents information on controversy surrounding the House of Mouse, the theme park. The theme park to sports cable television network group has had an annus horribilis involving public criticism of long-time chief executive Michael Eisner and his ongoing spats with Disney's two...
- TCA BRIEFS. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 3, p14
Presents news items related to the cable television business in the U.S. Financial performance of Warner Bros. Inc. (WB) during the fourth quarter of the year 2002; Broadcast of the final show of the television program 'Touched by an Angel,' on Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS); Shows to be...
- ...PARTLY CLOUDY. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p20
Compares the financial performance averages of The Weather Channel with that of other cable channels and the industry.
- Selloffs stir Disney perf. GOLDSMITH, JILL // Daily Variety;2/8/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 30, p1
The article discusses the financial performance figures of Walt Disney Co. The article states that the sale of E! Entertainment Television and Us Weekly contributed to the higher profits. According to the article, the video sales of movies like "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," and...
- El Paso, Texas. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the revenues of cable television stations in El Paso, Texas. Observations made by the BIA Financial Network; Comparison of revenue earnings; Factors contributing to the revenues.