BET SETS A (FUNNY) MOOD
- BET Image ads a first for net. // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p5
Cites the advertising campaign to be launched by Black Entertainment Television (BET). Assistance from Don Coleman Advertising Inc.; Showcasing of BET programming.
- Parity for BET. // Advertising Age;7/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 28, p24
Comments on Black Entertainment Television's bid for an increase in cable television upfront buying season in 1998. Complaint of minority-owned or minority-programmed media concerning advertisers and audience; The interest of the United States Federal Communications Commission and multicultural...
- REED BETWEEN the LINES. Bierly, Mandi; Franich, Darren; Gonzalez, Sandra; Hibberd, James; Jensen, Jeff; Maerz, Melissa; Ram, Archana; Rice, Lynette; Ross, Dalton; Shaw, Jessica; Snierson, Dan; Smith, Grady; Stack, Tim; Stransky, Tanner; Vary, Adam B.; Young, John // Entertainment Weekly;9/9/2011, Issue 1171/1172, p76
The article discusses the situation comedy program "Reed Between the Lines," which stars Tracee Ellis Ross as Dr. Carla Reed and Malcolm-Jamal Warner as her husband Alex. The article notes that the show's lead characters are veterans from the popular comedy program "Girlfriends" and the...
- Joel A. Berger Award. // Multichannel News;3/18/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p8A
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award in recognition for public affairs initiatives for AIDS awareness in local communities in the U.S. History of the award; Award given to Black Entertainment Television (BET); Details of the Rap-It-Up campaign of BET.
- BET Awards Gets Star Treatment. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the television program 'BET Awards' from Black Entertainment Television in the U.S. Features of the show; Condition of marketing presence of the program for the year 2002; Sponsors of the 2002 awards show.
- Viewers flock to basic cable. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p16
Reports that most of the basic cable networks in the United States reported high ratings growth in the first quarter of 1996. Popularity of Black Entertainment Television's O.J. Simpson interview; Statistics on USA Network's rating; Name of top-rated cablecast during the first quarter. INSET:...
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- BET Pulls Videos From Primetime Playlist. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p32
Reports the television programming for the year 2002 prepared by Black Entertainment Television network in the U.S. Program features; Inclusion of music videos on the primetime programming; Statement regarding music videos by executive vice president Curtis Gadson.
- BET Unveils New Series, Sets Repurposing Plans. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the launching of three original television serials from Black Entertainment Television and the repurposing of shows from sister services. Payment of programmer Showtime of the movie 'Soul Food'; Date of airing of the three original series; Strategies to work synergistic deals with...