IFC Takes on Scripted Series
- IFC TITLES TO NETFLIX. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/18/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 10, p12
Reports that cable television operator IFC has signed a first-of-its-kind pact with Netflix that will give the online DVD service exclusive rights to 10 original IFC titles over the next two years. "Hopeless Pictures," an animated series from Bob Balaban; "The Festival," a Christopher...
- New Fox Show: Unlike Other Shows. Frutkin, Alan James // Adweek New England Edition;3/18/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p28
Reports on Fox's premiere showing of the sitcom 'Greg the Bunny,' directed by Eugene Levy. Description of the television program; Information on the debut of the character Greg.
- Revamped program lineup aims for hip, younger viewers. Williams, Michael, // Variety;04/07/97 Supplement, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the revamped program lineup of French television station, TF1. Two difficulties with variety shows; Game shows; Popularity of French programs.
- A week in the life of TF1. Crawley, Tony, // Variety;04/07/97 Supplement, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p18
Discusses how a week's viewing on France's TF1 television station shaped up against its main rivals. Television programs shown from March 8 through 14, 1997.
- Stay Tuned. // BusinessWest;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the local programming of the WGBY television station in Springfield, Massachusetts. Comments of Jim Lash, director of programming at WGBY on the commitment of the station to the community; Details on the innovative television shows of the network; Goal of the programming.
- REPURPOSING PERMUTATIONS YIELD VARIED RETURNS. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/14/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p12A
Discusses the shift of strategy in television programming in the U.S. Mode of repeating television programs; Style of ABC and NBC in re-airing original programs; View of cable network officials on repurposing television programs.
- A SECOND CHANCE. Roberts, Jerry // Daily Variety;09/01/2000 Emmy Special, Vol. 268 Issue 64, p24
Features the Emmy-winning and -nominated television programs in the United States, restored and released by Broadway Theatre Archive. 'Iceman Cometh'; 'The Moon and Sixpence'; 'Secret Service; 'Journey of the Fifth Horse.'
- Sites to see. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the Cable Channel NBC Super Channel's daily television program about technology and the Internet.
- Channel 5 tries to change its spots. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p14
Focuses on the television programming of Channel 5 in Great Britain. Anniversary celebration of the station; Selection of consulting agency WalkerBannisterBuss to advise on future strategy and positioning of the station; Increase of the television ratings of the station.