Florida Draws Roadmap for Munis
- Anti-roadworks bill could derail Broadband Britain. Harman, David // New Media Age;8/21/2003, p17
Comments on the 10-year transportation plan presented by the British government as a joint-up solution for dealing with the transportation needs of the country. Measures that are being considered by the government concerning road policy; Effect of the legislation on the broadband and...
- Broadband bill still alive. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;04/30/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p22
Reports on the prospects of a broadband bill that would allow the regional phone companies in the United States to offer high-speed data services across long distances. Center of a fight between incumbent local phone companies and long-distance carriers versus competitive local exchanges...
- TAUZIN-DINGELL HITS A SNAG. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;12/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on issues about a broadband relief legislation in the U.S. Opposition to the legislation; Barriers to the passage of the legislation in the House of Representatives.
- USTA'S PROMISE. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;12/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p20
Focuses on the views of the U.S. Telecom Association on a legislation that will govern broadband service in the U.S. Economic significance of the legislation; Provisions of the legislation.
- Net Neutrality Backers Target Lawmakers for Taking Comcast's Cash. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p38
The article focuses on the position of liberal group Demand Progress against Comcast and its opposition to the Title II reclassification of U.S. broadband providers as common carriers.
- Competing bills compared. // America's Network;06/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p21
Compares Internet Freedom and Broadband Deployment Act of 2001 and Broadband Competition and Incentives Act of 2001, legislative bills on broadband communication system in the United States. Sponsors; Features.
- Lawmakers to cities: Don't run telecoms. Mahon, Joe // Fedgazette;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the bill being sponsored by Legislators in Wisconsin which will restrict the establishment of public broadband service. Discussion on the need to conduct cost-benefit analysis for city governments planning to get into the broadband business; Application of the restrictions to...
- How bad is U.S. broadband deployment? Bradner, Scott // Network World;10/20/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p23
The author reflects on the passing of the Broadband Data Improvement Act by the U.S. Congress. He asserts that the law aims at improving the quality of federal and state data about the availability and quality of broadband services. He argues that the law mandates useful ways to achieve the...
- Bill to favor bells. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p41
Focuses on a legislative bill proposed by Representative Billy Tauzin to deregulate telephone companies to boost their competitiveness for broadband communication systems.