Spitzer Wants 'Naked' DSL
- Verizon: We Sell Naked DSL. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/30/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p30
Reports on the availability of naked digital subscriber lines (DSL) in the markets of cable television equipment company Verizon Communications Inc. Comment of New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer on the issue; Views of Verizon spokeswoman Bobbi Henson on the change in the price of...
- Verizon-NorthPoint Could Juice DSL. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p1
Reports that United States-based Verizon Communications, earlier created by the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp., has purchased NorthPoint Communications Inc. with the plan of boosting its digital subscriber line (DSL) business. Creation of a separate company to hold both its and...
- FCC Reclassifies DSL, Spurring ISP Ire Over Verizon/MCI Merger. Neel, Dan // CRN;8/29/2005, Issue 1160, p84
The article reports that the California ISP Association (CISPA) claims that the merger of Verizon Communications and MCI Inc. threatens their business models. The CISPA, which represents more than 180 California-based ISPs, has said the multibillion-dollar merger, which was announced in...
- Telcos Need 'Naked' DSL. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p38
Reports on the need for SBC Communications Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. to provide naked digital-subscriber-line (DSL) service under the merger conditions adopted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on October 31, 2005. Information on the provision of naked DSL; Disappointment...
- AT&T, Verizon Hit Streets To Promote DSL Service. Williamson, Richard // Adweek;9/4/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that AT&T Corp., and Verizon Communications Inc. have launched a block-by-block campaign to promote their DSL Services. AT&T is introducing its new U-Verse video service over fiber-optic phone lines and plans to invest nearly $5 billion in U-Verse over the next three years....
- Verizon To Expand DSL Service. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the plan of Verizon Communications Inc. to extend its digital subscriber line (DSL) Internet service in its service area in Michigan. Overview of the plan; Information its customers in the state; Details of the DSL service of the company.
- BUNDLING UP. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;5/19/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the pricing of the digital subscriber line (DSL) offering of Verizon Communications Inc. in the U.S. Introductory rate; Reduction in DSL rate; Strategy of Verizon in wireless LAN.
- Verizon recasts DSL. Duffy, Jim // Network World;5/19/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p10
Reports on Verizon Communications Inc.'s revamp of its digital subscriber line services. Aim to spur demand and increase its share of the broadband market; Extension of the company's broadband capacity.
- Verizon shuts out stranded DSL users. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/31/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p1
Reports that Verizon Inc. will offer digital subscriber line (DSL) service to Apple Computer Inc. in Long Island, New York. Commitment of Verizon to provide non-discriminatory DSL service; Comments of the competitors on the service of Verizon; Approval of the Federal Communications Commission...