PLAY BALL--FOR NOW
- Comcast Eyeing Rainbow Sports Networks. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p75
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to acquire the sports networks of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. List of networks where Cablevision has stakes; Details of the stakes purchased by Comcast in Midwest Sports Channel and Home Team Sports; Remarks from Comcast president Steve Burke on...
- WNYC sports potential as newest superstation. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/95, Vol. 338 Issue 19, p31
Reports on the potential hurdles to be faced by cable television operators interested in adding WNYC-TV as a superstation, given its potential programming of New York professional sports teams. WGN's subscriber base; TBS' broadcast reach; New York stations WPIX and WWOR's failure to achieve...
- Latin Sports Network Goal: U.S. Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p22
Reports that Pan-American Sports Network plans to launch a cable television channel in the United States in May 2001. Network's emphasis on soccer; Spanish-language programs focusing on exclusive and live events; Provision of live telecasts of soccer championships, such as the Copa Libertadores...
- WGN REUPS WITH COMCAST. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 26, p39
Reports on the deal signed by WGN television station with cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Broadcast of the Chicago Cubs baseball games at WGN; Negotiation between the station and DirecTV Inc. and Time Warner Inc.; Details of the agreement.
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- NBC Plans To Give Local-Cable Ads an Olympian Push. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p35
Deals with the plan of NBC Cable to give local-cable advertisement sales for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. Lineup of cable networks which would offer hours of Olympics coverage; Efforts of NBC to enhance its local-cable sales strategy; Deals of NBC with advertisers of various...
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.
- ESPN's Action-Packed Highlights Reel. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the development of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in Connecticut. Broadcast network model followed by ESPN; Relationship of ESPN with the cable industry; Historic achievements of the industry. INSET: ESPN DRIVES DISNEY'S CABLE REVENUE ENGINE.
- China to tackle British soccer. Coonan, Clifford // Variety;2/19/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 1, p22
This article discusses the broadcasting of English soccer in China. Fans of the English Premiership League will now have to pay a $24 monthly fee to watch the games in China now that television station Tiansheng TV outbid other broadcasters for the rights to show the sport. Prior to that,...