Today's No. 1 meal choice
- Toppings make the grade. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Features food service operators who regularly includes pizza in school menus in the United States. Pizza as a part of the New Menus Program in Rutland, Vermont-based public schools; Pizza served by Domino's Pizza Inc. at the Unified School District in Palm Springs, California.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- IN SCHOOLS: Fitting school menus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the popularity of pizza among the students in the United States. Promotional efforts for pizza; Preference of students for pizza slices; Background on the ingredients; Reason for the popularity of pizza.
- Brands by the slice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p116
Reports on the success of pizza brands in schools in the United States. Kinds of pizzas; Price per slice; Recipe for Hawaiian Pizza.
- Kids' mainstream favorites. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p82
Provides information on the Italian food, including pizza, served in schools across the United States. Cuisine favorites among youngsters; Examples of pasta dishes, pizzas and other Italian food served in schools; Delivery of branded pizza in schools; Recipe of Spaghetti and Meat Sauce.
- Puget Sound Reworks Cuisines. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington has revamped its two food stations to add more ethnic foods. Casa Ortega that formerly served standard Mexican fare, now offers a variety of Hispanic foods. The university has also overhauled its Italian station...
- Pizza Crust A Step To Sustainability. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on the partnership of the dining services department at Washington State University in Pullman with Shepherd's Grain, an alliance of family farms, to introduce a whole wheat pizza crust to its menu. According to executive chef Doug Murray, their goal is to offer healthier...
- Pizza! Pizza! // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the launch of Stonewall Pizza Express at Washington State University in Pullman. The online pizza delivery and ordering system allows students to order pizza through wsu.webfood.com and either have it delivered for free to their residence hall or arrange to pick it up at...
- A Healthy Transformation. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p10
The article deals with the changes made in the food service department of the Montrose Country School District in Colorado under the guidance of Nutrition Service Director Kathy DelTonto to ensure that the meals students received are nutritious. Del Tonto stated that one of the goals of the...