Pasta's still No. 1
- Variety and convenience. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p120
Reports on the popularity of Italian food in several universities and colleges in the United States. Pastas served at Bowling Green State University, Ohio; Italian dishes served at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Massachusetts; Recipe for Pollo Lasagna Spinach.
- Pizza, pasta are top-sellers. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p118
Reports on the popularity of Italian dishes among college students in the United States. Menu offerings by Kent State University's full-scale Italian-themed sit-down restaurant called Mario's; Italian food options at the San Diego State University; Gourmet varieties offered at the Elmira College.
- From Kunming to Ithaca. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p43
The author relates how his experience on a trip to China inspired him to apply the concept of Asian cuisine to food service at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. He stayed with a Muslim family in Kunming. Lou mian qung, a Chinese-Muslim noodle dish, is one of the popular street food or...
- Puget Sound Reworks Cuisines. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington has revamped its two food stations to add more ethnic foods. Casa Ortega that formerly served standard Mexican fare, now offers a variety of Hispanic foods. The university has also overhauled its Italian station...
- A Healthy Side of Pasta. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p68
The article reports that whole-wheat and gluten-free options are taking hold in foodservice operations in the U.S. in response to a demand for healthier options and to meet dietary restrictions. Chefs are also upgrading pasta dishes and introducing ethnic choices to cater to all types of...
- Inventive, new lasagnas easily stack up against classic layered pasta dish. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;10/10/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p34
Reports on the introduction of inventive pasta preparations in various food establishments in the U.S. Concept of Kurt Gurenbrunner's pasta meal for his new restaurant Thor; Forms of modern lasagna; Factors influencing the four-cheese lasagna offered at Melillo's.
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.