Mashed & Baked Are Still No. 1: Potatoes on the Menu
- Spotlight on spuds. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;5/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p72
Reports on the versatility of potatoes. Popularity of potatoes as side dishes; Different potato dishes concocted by restaurants; Incorporation of potato items into main-dish presentations; Concepts in potato preparation by chef Tony Hanslits.
- Potato power. Charlet, Kim // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p89
Looks at various new potato products that were introduced in the side-dish categories in the United States in 1996. Flavors and ingredients in potato products; Number of product introductions in potato categories from 1995 to 1996; Companies producing potato products.
- Taking Sides. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;May2002, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p28
Provides tips in preparing side dishes in the U.S. Significance of seasonality in side dishes; Techniques in using beans; Information on the use of sliced potatoes in the preparation.
- great support acts. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/4/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p46
The article offers information on several side dishes, to be served with winter meals, including roast potatoes, soft polenta, and pilaf.
- Tip of the month. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct97, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
Presents the recipe for research assistant Trish Treanor's sweet potato side dish.
- Hot potatoes! Disbrowe, Paula // Restaurant Business;09/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 18, p95
Focuses on the adaptability of sweet potatoes to trendy side dishes applications. Factors contributing to the increase in the popularity of potatoes as an ingredient; Samples of potato side dishes; Characteristics of potatoes.
- UPPER-CRUST SPUDS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;1/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p52
Features techniques in cooking potatoes. Use of potatoes as breading; Effects of potato dishes as side entrees; Recipe of the Potato-Crusted Bass. INSET: Taters Grow Up.
- mashed potatoes. Recipes; Bonom, David; Zapalowski, Laura // Cooking Light;Nov2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p95
The article presents a recipe for Basic Fluffy Mashed Potatoes.
- SUMMER SIDES. KITCHEN, THE CL TEST; Recipes; Bashinsky, Robin; Hickman, Adam; Pittman, Ann Taylor; Pruett, Vanessa T. // Cooking Light;Jul2013, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p94
The article offers recipes for side dishes, including Quick Classic Baked Beans, Mardi Gras Slaw, and Roasted Potato Salad with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette.