USDA REPORTS: Fresh vegetable acreage up 1% vs. '98, 2% over '97
- Spring fresh-market vegetables dip 1%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p42
The article forecasts the decrease in the prospective area for harvest of 11 selected fresh-market vegetables during the spring quarter in the U.S. Acreage decreases for bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, head lettuce, snap beans, and tomatoes more than offset acreage increases for cabbage,...
- THOUGH STILL ABOVE 1999: 2001 winter vegetable acreage declines 2%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p68
Reports on the 2001 winter acreage of vegetables in the United States. Broccoli; Cabbage; Carrots; Others.
- Fresh produce prices up 6% year-to-date. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;9/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p38
This article focuses on an increase in the prices of fresh produce in the U.S. New Jersey's area for summer harvest for bell peppers is forecast at 3,400 acres, up six percent from 2005. California's acreage for summer harvest for broccoli is forecast at 33,500 acres, up three percent from last...
- Harvest areas up 2%, down 6% from 1996. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p98
Provides estimates for the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables and fruits in the United States during the summer quarter of 1998. Includes estimates for broccoli; Cabbage; Cauliflower; Eggplant; Lettuce; Bell pepper; Snap bean; Carrot; Celery; Cucumbers; Tomato;...
- SPRING VEGETABLES ACREAGE DOWN 1%: Processed vegetable acreage up 3%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p68
Reports the projected increase in processed vegetable acreage in the U.S. during the spring of 2002. Intended acreage for asparagus harvest; Forecast on acreage for broccoli harvest; Predicted acreage for cabbage harvest.
- Acreage up 1%. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p102
Offers acreage information for major vegetable crops as well as wholesale prices for food commodities in the United States for 1997. Canned market; Frozen food; Meat; Market basket index.
- Washington wine grapes may bring record harvest. Herald-Republic, Yakima // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;8/28/2012, p2
The article reports on the forecast for the record harvest of wine grapes in Washington due to the favorable weather. It says that the combination of new acreage and warm weather may push wine grape harvest to 200, 000 tons. Ryan Pennington, spokesman at Washington Wine Commission, states that...
- Fresh market vegetable acreage to increase. Hollis, Paul L. // Southwest Farm Press;6/3/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p12
The article reports that the acreage for fresh market vegetable had increased by one percent to 199,100 acres in Florida.
- Battle lines drawn for acreage mix. Suderman, Arlan // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Feb2011, Vol. 185 Issue 2, p82
The article reports on the competition for acreage mix of plant crops in the U.S.