OUTSOURCING: College Park building stake in foodservice
- CPC creates a national menu with regl. specials. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the foodservice business of College Park Communities (CPC), a company that operates student housing in 34 off-campus properties across the United States. Number of meals being served daily; Development of the firm's foodservice division in April 1997; Firm's national contract with...
- University of North Dakota opens dining halls amid flood of memories. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p50
Reports on the reopening of residence dining halls at the University of North Dakota in August 1997. Damage from flood; Cost of repairs; Renovations on Terrace Dining Center; Integration of Centennial Dining Room with Terrace Dining Room.
- Guilford COLLEGE. Poelma, Ashley // Teen Ink;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p28
A review of Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina is presented. According to the author, the dormitory room of the host student who took her in during her visit to the school was dirty and disorderly. She noted the limited food choices in the cafeteria. A conversation with a student...
- Franklin Pierce. Talbot, Jessica // 21st Century;May97, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p23
A review for Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, New Hampshire. The reviewer considers the university as the most beautiful campus she has ever seen. She finds the food served in the cafeteria delicious. At the end of her tour of the campus, she thinks the classrooms, dorms and classrooms were...
- INDIANA U. Bryant, Kelly // 21st Century;Nov94, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
The article reviews Indiana University at Bloomington. According to the author journalism is one of 5,000 courses offered at the university. Nine schools exist within the campus as a whole, as well as the College of Arts and Sciences. Information is also presented on the university's dorm...
- College & Your Special Diet How to love your next four years. Metcalf, Betsy // Living Without;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p32
The article offers practical advice and information on freshmen college students who have food allergies and sensitivities on moving into college dormitories. It highlights the rise of awareness for food allergy on university campuses across the U.S., which makes attending college less daunting...
- SUNY Cortland dorm gets overhaul. Bartlett, JoAnn // Business Journal (Central New York);1/24/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the renovation of Alger Hall, a student dormitory in Cortland County, New York. Information on the refurbish project; Installation of new floors and asbestos abatement; Historical background of the dormitory.
- Historic Miss. Dorm Being Phased Out. NORTHAM, ADAM // Community College Week;10/4/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p15
The article reports that the Ellzey Hall, a historic dorm in Wesson, Mississippi, will be closed down before the start of 2011-2012 school year.
- Fit for function. Sutton, Judy // American School & University;Sep95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p40a
Focuses on the selection of flexible furnishings for residence halls in the United States to meet the demands of students. Provision of sleeping surface and study area; Improvement of circuitry to handle additional power loads; Impact of the evolution of technology and the increase in computer...