QUALITY RULES IN ASSISTED LIVING UNITS: Fine dining at North Woods
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.
- "Neighborhood" Model Need Grows in LTC. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
The article presents a survey by foodservice societies Technomic for the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP) and the Nutrition and Foodservice Education Foundation (NFEF) which reveal the anticipated shift in resident care of service operators in long-term care facilities.
- HOME PLATE. Pagan, Joyce // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p65
Presents the winners of the 2001 Order of Excellence in Foodservice Awards for long-term care food service operations in the United States. Orange City Health System, Long Term Care Unit in Iowa; Morrison Senior Dining in Pennsylvania; Culinary Design Service in Pennsylvania.
- LUAUS, BBQs AND FESTIVALS: Special events pose special challenges in LTC facility. Johnson, Susan Cort // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the foodservice in Gramercy Court, a long-term care facility for the elderly in Sacramento, California. Special events celebrated in the facility; Importance of considering the dietary needs of the residents; Challenges faced by workers in selecting food for the elderly.
- TODD FOUTTY OF METROHEALTH: Chef balances acute, long-term care needs in Cleveland. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p84
Features Todd Foutty, director of foodservice operations at MetroHealth System long-term care facilities in Cleveland, Ohio. Responsibilities of Foutty; Educational background of Foutty; Information on how Foutty ensures the continuing food quality.
- LTC Raises The Bar On Meal Service. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p74
This article presents the results of an annual survey of food operators in long-term care (LTC) facilities in the U.S. The survey shows that LTC facilities are putting a higher premium on food. There has been a 15.6 percent increase in the amount of money being spent on food. The number of...
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Presents news briefs on hospital food service in the U.S. as of July 15, 2005. Increase in meals being served to patients and residents at long-term care facilities according to a research conducted by the "FoodService Director" periodical; Sales generated by Wahoo West Cafe at the University...