OPENS A `CONTINUOUS FEEDING' DINING HALL: Bryn Mawr `liberalizes' meal plan
- Bryn Mawr stirs gains. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on an increase in Bryn Mawr College's board-plan participation due to the availability of self-serve specialty bar options at the college's three dining rooms. Advantages of the renovation of the Haffner dining hall.
- inbrief. // Food Management;Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p12
This article focuses on news briefs related to nutrition. Cameron Schauf, formerly director of auxiliary services at Bryn Mawr College, has been named director of campus dining services at the University of Rochester. Sodexho has formed a business advisory board to examine key aspects of the...
- Napkin Activism. Becker, Anne; Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;2/5/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that some students at Bryn Mawr College were unhappy with the installation of a large television that plays exclusively mtvU in a popular dining hall on campus. The television, installed by MTV, sparked a grassroots protest campaign. Similar dedicated TVs have been placed in...
- Bryn Mawr physics is going strong. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Aug96 Part One, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p57
Focuses on the increasing number of women who take bachelor's degrees in physics at Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania. Distinction as the only women's college that has PhD program in physics; Offer of career counseling; Emphasis on teaching at the college.
- Program provides guidance to disadvantaged college applicants. Matheson, Kathy // Pipe Dream;11/17/2009, Vol. 76 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the program that provides guidance to disadvantaged college applicants in Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania.
- Bryn Mawr to Add the First New Student Housing in Nearly Half a Century. // Women in Academia Report;8/6/2013, p14
The article offers information on the plan of Bryn Mawr College to build its first student housing inside the campus after 45 years.
- Guest Editors' Introduction: Growing Disability Studies: Politics of Access, Politics of Collaboration. Jarman, Michelle; Kafer, Alison // Disability Studies Quarterly;Spring2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p17
An introduction to the journal is presented in which editors discuss various papers published within the issue, including one on the competitive academic culture at Bryn Mawr, one on a self-reflective meditation on disability studies, and another on the possibilities of seeing disability studies...
- Bryn Mawr College Enters Into "Four Plus One" Partnership With Penn Engineering. // Women in Academia Report;5/15/2012, p18
The article reports on the Four Plus One partnership between Bryn Mawr College and the School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Pennsylvania, where its graduates in certain fields have the chance to earn a master's degree in engineering at Penn with one more year of study.
- New Website Offers Resources on History of Women's Education. // CLIR Issues;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 89, p5
The article reviews the web site from the Albert M. Greenfield Digital Center for the History of Women's Education at Bryn Mawr College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.