LOOKING UP: Inside Contracting
- US contract leaders set to counter `invasion' by Europe's merged giants. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/95, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p110
Reports on the expansion by European restaurant chains of their international businesses. Consolidation between Sodexho and Great Britain's Gardner Merchant; American companies' lack of concern over tide of European expansion; Rise in mergers between companies on domestic front; American...
- Consolidation leaves behind a field of bigger, better vendors. Bloom, Jennifer Kingso // American Banker;5/22/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p4A
Reports from the United States, on the decrease of outsourcing companies, which are either retiring from the business or are sold to larger firms. Increase in service quality; Banks' reliance on outsourcing; Comments from M. Arthur Gillis, president of computer Based solutions Incorporated, a...
- European invasion. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p21
Discusses the expansion of the European third-party logistics in the U.S. market through acquisitions and contracts with Fortune 500 companies. Agreement to operate Michelin North by TNT Logistics; Purchase of U.S. Service providers by European logistics companies; Outsourcing of warehousing...
- Briefs. // Traffic World;9/9/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 36, p17
Presents news concerning the business logistics industry in the United States as September 2002. Acquisition by global logistics organization Exel of Power Logistics and Power Europe; Letter of intent signed by SYSCO Corp. to acquire Abbott Foods Inc.; Outsourcing agreement between PFSweb Inc....
- Fishing for Bigger Business. Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the acquisition activities of human resource (HR) outsourcing firms to gain a greater share of the expanding HR outsourcing market in the U.S. Factors driving the trend of outsourcing partnerships, mergers and acquisitions; Discussion on the alliance forged by Towers Perrin and...
- Consolidation seen in contract manufacturing. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;10/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the trend of consolidation in the contract-automobile manufacturing industry in Europe, as of October 2003. Attributions to the trend; Predictions for the industry; Various comments from industry analysts.
- THINKING BIG. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p1
Features the human resource (HR) outsourcing company Exult Inc. in Connecticut. Creation of the firm by chief executive officer James Madden; Simulation of HR services via the Internet; Merger between Exult and Bank of America Corp.
- Outsource firms are busy with demand from cable. Kuhl, Craig // Multichannel News;02/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p39
Reports on developments with United States `outsource' companies in the business of installing and managing 21st century multimedia networks. Industry consolidation; Contracts from cable companies; Growth of services that combine outsourcing the technology and construction; Examples of companies.
- MRO Europe Assessed New Market Trends. Butterworth-Hayes, Philip // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/13/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 20, pS1
Focuses on the aeronautics industries market trends in Europe. Assessment of the industry from leaders of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) organizations; Consolidation of industry suppliers; Account on the outsourcing of local airlines from MRO.