Compass pushes StopGap
- Compass plots Amigo growth. // In-Store;Jun2003, p7
Reports that Compass Group PLC, owner of the Upper Crust and Harry Ramsden brands, is redeveloping its Amigo global convenience store chain with Lumsden Design Partnership.
- Compass opens new StopGap c-store concept. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p68
Reports on Compass Group PLC's launch of its convenience store brand called StopGap, which is designed to meet customer needs for grab-and-go items. Concept's ability to incorporate Compass Group proprietary food brands; StopGap Express module unit; StopGap Express cart; Size range of a full...
- Compass to trial motorway stores. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/12/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4252, p5
Reports on the plan of Compass to pilot convenience stores at its Moto motorway service areas in England. Retail partner for the convenience store; Information on the company's plan to sell its Travelodge and Little Chef chains.
- Mark Freeman: Mayor of Microsoft. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p32
The article profiles Mark Freeman, senior manager of global employee services for Microsoft Corp. who builds the foodservice program at the company. Topics include how Freeman encourages foodservice contractor Compass Group to provide variety of menu options and price points to employees, the...
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the implementation of the Zelus purchasing program at Compass Group as of December 2002. Mechanics of the program; Number of dining services that use Zelus.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.