A `double play' for VSA
- Roof and ready. // New Orleans Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the survival of the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana in an era when domed stadiums are becoming less popular. Trends in stadiums; Domes where the National Football League teams of the United States still play.
- ABOUT THE LOUISIANA SUPERDOME. // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, Special section pSB10
Provides information on the Louisiana Superdome, a stadium, arena and convention center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Why the Dome? Let us count the reasons. // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p13
Presents arguments on the renovation of the Superdome, as opposed to the construction of a new stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana in 2001. Increase in the costs of reworking highway systems; Economic advantages of the renovation; Transit problems caused by the construction.
- The name game. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the controversy created by efforts to rename the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans after former Governor John McKeithen. Proposals to sell the naming rights to the stadium; Estimates of financial losses for the stadium in case it has been renamed after the McKeithen.
- Is the Dome Still SUPER? McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/22/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p1
Highlights the 25th anniversary of the Louisiana Superdome. Discontent of the sports stadium's primary tenant, the New Orleans Saints football team; Violation of the team's lease; Company that manages the Superdome; Annual revenues of the Saints; Sources of the Saints' income from the Superdome.
- Historic Dome reopening heralds return of Saints, conventions. O'Connor, Terry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p30
The article reports on the reopening of the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana despite the high cost of renovating and reconstructing the facility. The Superdome was able to accommodate the Endymion Extravaganza, Mardi Gras Marathon, Home and Garden Show and other private parties. Renovations...
- Superdome restoration team named. // Architectural Record;Dec2005, Vol. 193 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the restoration efforts for the Superdome of New Orleans, Louisiana, which has been damaged by Hurricane Katrina, as of December 2005. Consultants for the project are Billes Architecture and Sizeler Architects, along with sports architects Ellerbe Becket. The estimated...
- ARENAS AND STADIUMS: VSA expands in east arenas. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the foodservice contract of Volume Services America with Williams-Brice Stadium of the University of South Carolina in Columbia. Services to be provided by the company to the university stadium; Information on the services provided by the company to the Bridgeport Arena in Connecticut.
- Superdome officials wooing potential corporate sponsors. Price, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/5/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p7
Reports on the campaign to attract corporate sponsors for the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. "Insert Your Company's Name Here" Superdome sweepstakes; Louisiana's inducement payments to retain the Saints football team in New Orleans; Comments of Bill Curl, Superdome director of public...